My Project for the 4th Quarter Felting Challenge

I decided not to wait until the last min to do my challenge piece this time.  The forth quarter challenge is weather. https://feltingandfiberstudio.com/2012/10/25/weather-challenge/ This piece I did on a piece of black silk chiffon. It’ s meant to be framed. I was going to use this for my exchange gift but then thought It wouldn’t be fair so send something they then had to frame.

The picture on the right is of the snowscape and several other things rolled up. I am messy. You can see the water on the table from me wetting down and it pouring off the corner. It’s OK though I have cement floors and a center drain.

Needling on some of the snowflakes that did not stick during rolling. I think I made the little balls to tight.

The finished picture from the front and back. I like both

I have a second entry on the same theme I will show you in a few days.

This entry was posted in Challenges, Design, Experiments, Nuno Felting, Uncategorized, Wet Felting and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to My Project for the 4th Quarter Felting Challenge

That’s gorgeous Ann! Aren’t you good getting it done so quickly? I bet your exchange partner would have liked it whether or not they had to frame it!! I know I would have 🙂

Wow, double-sided art! That’s clever, and it’s a lovely picture. I like the way you’ve put the white down to look like fir trees and I like both too.

3. Thank you Ruth and Lyn. Lyn after a storm here they often get so covered in snow they look like they are made of snow.

4. jane dolan says:

Looks really lovely, you will have to have a frame that you can open at the back so you can turn it round seeing it looks good on both sides.

5. Thank you Jane. I think they make standing frames with glass on both sides. I will have to look for one.

I was going to say what Jane did 🙂
    It turned out great, Ann 🙂
    My entry is still in my head.

I like both, can’t choose which I prefer.. Really lovely Ann, the back, misty look makes it seem as if it’s still snowing.

8. Karen says:

Ann that looks so gorgeous and isnt it great that we dont have to worry about mess with the concrete floors 🙂