Exhibition and Sale

The guild I belong to, the Ottawa Valley Weavers and Spinners Guild, had its annual exhibition and sale this last weekend. I had a booth selling scarves and wraps and flowers and cuffs and hats etc. The guild does a display on a theme and has demos and promotes our classes. It’s our big event for the year. The venue is beautiful it is a community center now but used to be a church and has a huge domed center.

Here are some pictures of my booth and me explaining what nuno felt is to a customer.

This is one of the organisers wearing an exquisite shawl she knit using her own hand spun alpaca.

This my friend Judy,http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jumaka.com%2Fspinning%2Fpetfur.html&h=fAQGCIXhy , she not only likes to spin yarn, including dog and cat fur she also likes to spin wood on a lathe to make nostepinne for manually making a center pull ball) and  drop spindles in several styles and weights including supported spindles like she is using in the picture. This is her booth, she shares it with another friend who is more camera shy.

The Guild display had the theme around the house  and of course we had spinners and weavers demonstrating.

Lastly here are pictures of some of the many booths that where there. We had a good variety with both finished goods and supplies.

All in all it was a good show with not as many people as usual but the ones that came were buying. I hope everyone’s upcoming sales are good.

This entry was posted in Fairs and Shows, Felted Hats, Needle Felting, Nuno Felting, Other Fibers, Uncategorized, Wet Felting, Wool and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Exhibition and Sale

I wish I could have been there – it looks so colourful and interesting.

Another thing strikes me when looking at the photos – the displays are all so neat and carefully laid out. The whole thing looks very professional and well thought out.

Looks really good Ann. Shame it’s such a long way from here, I’d have loved to be there.

3. Karen says:

Oh thats the first thing i noticed to, how neat and professional everything looked, hope you did well Ann and wish i could have been there to 🙂

Your booth looks really good. What did you sell the most of? I too wish I could have been there. It looks like fun and lots of wonderful goodies to buy! 🙂

5. It is a good sale and it is lots of fun. I wish you could have been there. It was smaller things that sold the most but I did sell a few hats and scarves and one big wrap that was expensive.

6. I forgot to say thanks for the compliments on the booth.

I love the look of it too, all the booths look really well thought out. I don’t think I’d come home with much money though, with all those gorgeous things 🙂

8. Zed it was all very tempting. I was very good I only bought a small package of silk rods. I would have bought more if she had had them undyed.

9. jane dolan says:

Wish I could of been there too, looks like lots of fun, and way too tempting, good thing I am to far away.