Second Quarter Challenge Finally Done.

That’s right I have it done and with days to spare. 12 whole days at that! Here are the details of the challenge if you missed them.  Challenge

I have know what I was going to do for ages I just hadn’t done it. I like Stephenson’s mirror pieces but I also liked the flower pieces so I decided to combine them.

stevenson 1  stevenson 2

I used a thin piece of black prefelt I had and doubled it up for the back ground. I then used my own handspun for the stems. I added silk throwers waste for the flowers and then more hand spun for the spirals. I wasn’t sure how everything would stick. There was not a lot of fuzzy about any of it. It worked out fine though.

I forgot to take a picture of it before felting but here it is finished. I like it a lot more than I thought I was going to.

stepnenson picture

I found this frame on my front porch ( have no idea why it was there) and laid it over the picture and I like it even more.

stepnenson picture frame

If you haven’t done a piece, go ahead and give it a try, you still have time.

Don’t for get to visit the Forum to see how others have interpreted the theme.  Challenge

This entry was posted in Challenges, Design, Experiments, Finishing/Framing, Prefelt, Spinning, Uncategorized, Wet Felting and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Second Quarter Challenge Finally Done.

What a good idea to combine the two! I love the colours and it looks great in the frame.

Very cool! The frame really finishes it nicely.

3. Good job. Wish someone would put that frame on my front porch. I am too far behind to catch up. Too many projects on my table. Enjoy seeing everyone’s interpretation.

That was a clever idea combining them both! I like the frame too. Oh and the fancy toe-nail polish 😉

Looks great Ann – the frame really helps to crop the piece nicely. Great combination of ideas 🙂

Great colors, great idea, and the frame is perfect!

Lovely colour combo and frame. Great effect all round. Can’t see any funky nails though#######1 🙂

8. Judy says: