Distaff Day

Every year on of the local guilds hosts a day of fun short workshops, lunch and fun.

breakfast snacks

There are vendors for adding to your stash

vendor 1 vendor 2 vendor 3

In the morning I took a hookers necklace class. This is done by stitching the little wool strips and beads onto a stretchy string.  the necklace are scratchy but would be fine on winter over clothing. I think I may do one with some felt off cuts for a softer necklace.  Mine is second from the left.

hookers necklases

In the afternoon I taught a nuno felt bracelet. I had 10 people in the class and they seemed to really enjoy themselves. They will have to put buttons on them themselves. One lady left hers a little longer and is planning to use cufflinks to hold it closed.

nuno bracelets

I will show you the pictures I have of some of the other workshops  next time.

This entry was posted in Nuno Felting, Teaching, Uncategorized, Wet Felting and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Distaff Day

1. Judy says:

It looked like a fun day was had by all. The nuno felted bracelet looked very pretty.where are you all located..hugs Judy does anyone sell undyed silk hankies?? Thanks for the help.

2. What fun. I love these kind of workshops. I like learning new things.

It looks like you all had a good day. It’s nice to have just short workshops and a small project to complete. Did you buy any goodies from the vendors?

• It is nice to do small fast things. It leaves lots of time for chatting. I was very good and only bought one bag of pretty rolags to try spinning.

I admire your restraint in only buying one thing! It looks like a friendly and interesting gathering.

• I just keep repeating I do not need more wool, I do not need more wool. the funny thing is i bought it from a friend I see several times a month. I just liked the colours.

It sounds and looks like a good time. I really like the Nuno bracelets. You were very good if you only bought one thing. I’d have to leave my wallet at home. 🙂

It looks like a nice day 🙂
    I couldn’t be that restrained!

Such a nice idea to have a gathering, learn some new skills and share with others!

8. Nada says:

Wonderful gathering! I wish we had something like this here.

9. Pingback: More distaff day | feltingandfiberstudio