The finished hat

Just a short post today to show  you how my hat turned out. The top looked really cool on the form but when you put it on the over sized top looked funny.

large top  large top 2large top 3

so I trimmed it down.

Hat trimmed 3 Hat trimmed 2Hat trimmed

I think it looks better. I hope you think so too. sorry for the bad pictures of it on my but I am not good at selfies.

This entry was posted in Design, Felted Hats, Wet Felting and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to The finished hat

The finished hat looks great Ann and suits you well – felting involves a lot of ‘tweaking’ along the way and I think you were quite right to trim the top!
    (Nothing wrong with your selfie – it’s good.)

2. Marilyn Nelson says:

It looks great Ann. Trimming certainly toned it down and makes it look more sophisticated. Yummy colors!

3. Yep, quite a difference. But it looks very good now that it is in better proportions.

It did sort of look like a mushroom cap before trimming. I like the sleeker, trimmed down look. The question is, do you like it? And will you wear it? I think it looks good on you.

5. Teri Berry says:

I love the green and pink fibres on purple – that’s a scrummy colour combination! Agree with the other comments that the trimmed version looks brilliant.

6. It sort of reminds me of the kind of scarves some women wear to cover their head for religious purposes. They are often elegant and Nefertiti like. Of course, I like seeing it on you!

It turned out great after trimming, Ann 🙂 Nice colours.

8. Nan Jacobson says:

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to your emails. Am I crazy or did you send one out pertaining to Indigo Dying? I did not have a chance to read it yet and when I finally opened it and began reading my email locked up. After getting back into email that particular email is no longer in my mailbox. I love modern technology, but not always.

I hope this day finds you well and enjoying creative time.

Sincerely, Nan