Felted Case

This week, I made a case for my best friend’s birthday. I made it all in one piece using a resist. I laid out a piece of silk on the resist first so that the back inside had a nice pattern, I also thought this would help strengthen the flap so it doesn’t stretch if it’s opened often. This is the front with the flap open:

And the back with the flap open:

This is how it looked with the flap closed:

I used some dyed silk throwster’s waste and dyed soy staple for the embellishments:

The silk has a paisley design on it, which can still be seen, but close up you can’t tell with the texture:

I always have trouble choosing buttons for cases/purses etc. I’m sure I said this last time, but I really need to make some more buttons out of polymer clay. I bought a bag of green buttons at a hobby fair about a year ago, I thought this one was quite nice, but a bit small:

I liked this ‘fancy’ button, but it’s a bit big and too thick:

This was my favourite and what I ended up using:

I blanket stitched around the button hole and around the opening/flap, but didn’t get chance to photograph it finished. My friend loves it and he’s already using it šŸ™‚

This entry was posted in resists, Wet Felting and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Felted Case

1. Kathryn Luciana says:

I like it! The third button is the best. What does your fried use it for? Mobile phone? I can see the paisley design.

2. Great case Zed, I am not surprised your friend loved it. Isn’t the ability to line something while making it wonderful. I think the third button was best too. the trait lines on the first one didn’t match the design on the case.

Thanks, Ann šŸ™‚
      I’m glad I managed to do the silk lining properly, I kept thinking I’d thought it out wrong!

3. The third button was perfect. A lovely case in my favorite color combo. Iā€™m glad your friend likes it.

Great case Zed! I’m sure it will be treasured. I have the same issue with choosing buttons. I never seem to have one that is just right but your choice was a good one šŸ™‚

Thanks, Ruth šŸ™‚
      I’m sure it will be treasured šŸ™‚ I have probably thousands of buttons, but still find it hard getting the perfect one!

5. annielynrosie says:

It’s a lovely gift! The nuno lining will make it last, as well as being attractive, and you made the right button choice.

6. Lindsay says:

Very nice case. Particularly like the nuno inside. How lovely to have such a personal, unique and thoughtful present.

7. Antje says:

Lovely case….the lining, colours and final choice of button are great. Iā€™m sure this personal gift will be used with a smile on their face.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )