Happy Felt Hat Makers

Just after I took my Moy MacKay class I taught a felt hat class to 6 enthusiastic students. they wanted different styles but they all wanted folds in the top.

and decorating, I am sure I took more pictures at this point but something went wrong because they are not on my phone.

Then there was rubbing and rolling to do.

Here they are after some shrinking but not there yet.

The did shrink much to everyone’s amazement. I don’t think they really believed they would ever fit.

These brims on these 2 wide brimmed hats are to heavy to hold themselves up while wet. They will be fine once they are dry.

I didn’t get a picture of the last one but it turned out well too. It was a really fun day for everyone.

This entry was posted in Classes, Design, Felted Hats, Uncategorized, Wet Felting and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Happy Felt Hat Makers

1. Lindsay says:

Great variety of hats and everyone looks like they really enjoyed the day

2. That looks like a really fun class and the hats are great! What a variety you helped the students to achieve.

Just look at their happy faces! This seems like a lot of fun 🙂

Looks like everyone had a grand time making some very creative fun hats. Kudos!

Hat classes are such fun, great job Ann.

6. Jan says:

Ann i love your Hat classes! there always so much fun! What Wild creations!! i hope they show up for show and tell next meeting!!

7. tracey2008 says:

Great hats Ann, and it looked like pure enjoyment.

It really does look like a fun day, Ann! So many great hats that turned out really well 🙂

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )