Update on Maneki-Neko:
I took Lyn’s advice and made the whiskers from wire. Here is the new look. I also decided to put her on a pedestal to see out the window rather than sitting on the windowsill. I found an old pot and turned it upside down, but I’m thinking gold may be better. Although, when she’s in the window you can’t see the pot.
I recently realized I needed to carry on my tradition of giving each grandchild a pumpkin wall hanging. I have a new grandson, Ken who arrived early in April.
But I didn’t really have a nice orange to make the pumpkin. So, I made a batt using hand dyed Corriedale, a funky orange pink merino, bright orange coarse commercial fiber, gold merino, hand dyed Domestic 56s with Logwood from Cathy and a touch of white. You can see the batt in the back. I think the color turned out well. I also used the merino/silk mix for the stem that I had used in the Edo challenge with the Sakura branches.
I had made a sketch of how I wanted the pumpkin to look. A bit different than his sister Lisa’s girly pumpkin from last year.
Of course, I got into laying it out and cutting the prefelts and forgot to take pictures. But here is Ken’s dried pumpkin.
Then after a little shave.