This past weekend, my husband and I drove up to Wisconsin for a weekend away. I had hoped we’d see plenty of fabulous fall colors I could share. Unfortunately, Wisconsin is suffering from the same drought we have here in Illinois and we arrived a week earlier than the peak. Many of their trees have lost their leaves already, like ours here. But here is one fallish pic entering Wisconsin.
I haven’t been too productive this week. But I do have a few projects I have put finishing touches on and haven’t shared.
I signed up for Ruth’s Printing and Stenciling on Felt class, so I managed to make a couple of handmade prefelts to play with. I have plenty of commercial. The purple was some unknown fiber batt. I decided to use a silk hankie to give it a little sparkle, but it didn’t.
The turquoise is commercial prefelt with some throwsters waste which isn’t very evident.
I think I will be able to use both sides just to experiment. I like the sides without the silk better.
I also made a thicker light blue batt with some mulberry silk.
I have no idea what I’ll be printing on any of these and have gathered a bunch of samples and other UFOs to experiment on.
Here is a failed coaster that had gold fabric felted in that I did a little free motion practice on.
A while back I had felted a bunch of samples from scarves. I couldn’t find the post with the original scarves. One of them had dots which I wasn’t crazy about. I had done both sides and didn’t care for the inside either. However, after felting the dots weren’t obvious, they looked more like flowers. I made it into a little case and did a little embroidery on with with some silver floss for a little bling.
Nothing exciting this week, but I got to re-purpose a few things.