Finishing the Panels

Last week I showed you two large panels I made using scraps.  Since then I created three more.

One long panel.

20161116_145808  20161118_122459

20161118_122511Two short ones.

20161116_145815 20161118_122422

20161118_12244120161116_145808

20161118_122349 20161118_122404

Here they are laid out on the floor.

20161201_214933-1

Here’s the final project.

20161204_142831 20161204_143117 20161204_143049 20161204_143029 20161204_143002 20161204_142938 20161204_142841

So, whats underneath?

My Simplicity Needle Felting Machine naked.  Sorry about the lighting, this was our first snow and kind of cloudy.

Now you see it.

20161204_142455Now you don’t.

20161204_143002

I was amazed that I got the sizes right.  I purposely left the edges organic.  Its a little lopsided but the top of the machine is narrower than the bottom.  Now I can change it around for a different look when the mood strikes.

Did you see that coming?

We have three spots left for sponsorship to keep our forum ad free, if you’re interested, please visit the forum and leave a response under 2017 Sponsorhips.  Thanks!

This entry was posted in Repurpose and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Finishing the Panels

A machine cover, clever! Great idea 😀

2. Looks good and very useful! How did you sew the panels together? Is that hand-embroidery accent or actual “glue”?

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Cathy! The panels are machine stitched. If you look closely at a couple of the close ups at the end you can see the turquoise thread stitches.

I’m not sure what you mean by glue. All the embellishments are felted in.

• I just meant that the visible hand embroidery looked like it could have been what held the panels together.

3. Hahaha, that is great !!! It looks Wonderful ! The colors too !!
    I have to watch the cloud too because it could happen to see a nacre cloud at 5 this afternoon..because of the cold underair and a cloud above ..

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Viltmaaraan! We got about 7 inches of snow (18 cm) here yesterday. It looks pretty out, but I’m grateful I don’t have to go out today.

Wow! And all from scraps! It’s a lovely machine cover and you’ve put it together so well with your hand-stitching.

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Lyn! But it’s machine stitched. 🙂 I thought about hand stitching but thought I would make good use of my sewing machine for a change.

That looks so good Marilyn and nice neat atitching too. A very appropriate cover for a felting machine. 🙂

6. Well done! Making something useful out of left over bits from other projects – excellent!

Great job Marilyn! I never guessed that was what you are making. Mine comes with a cover but I never put it on. Perhaps if I had something felted, I might use it instead of the plastic one.

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Ruth! My Simplicity machine didn’t come with anything. My Singer came with a cheap fabric cover. I may have to replace that as well. My Pfaff has a nice hard cover, but it looks kind of boring now.

8. Marilyn, I can not find where to sign up as a sponsor for the forum. I have been a sponsor for the last couple of years and I’d hate to miss the opportunity to do so again. I will take as many spots as available. Thanks! Jill (Merino and Mulberry)

9. I thought I posted but I guess not. I did wonder what you where up to Marilyn. As I scrolled down I was thinking she made a box? a basket? It makes a great cover for you machine.

10. craftywoman says:

Love what you have done and what a great idea as my mine doesn’t have a cover either, now I have a dastardly plan 🙂

That’s a really nice cover, Marilyn! Like Ruth, I don’t use my plastic cover, and the machine gets dusty, so I should think of making one too. The machine stitch you used really looks like neat hand stitching 🙂

Thanks Zed! The stitch is the closest to a blanket stitch I had on the machine. I’m sure with all the samples you have you could do a nice patchwork one fairly quick. I look forward to seeing what you do.