Twist Fibre Festival

Last time I showed you my booth with my 2 friends. This time I will show you some of the other things that were at Twist.  Some of the things you may not see at most fiber festivals.

The national judging for the Canadian Cashmere Producers Association was at the Twist Festival this year. The fleeces were beautiful. http://www.cashmerecanada.ca/

cashmire winners

cashmire winners 2 cashmire winners 3

This is Sayward Johston, she weaves and knits in wire. http://saywardjohnson.ca/

sayward twist 2 sayward twist

These are some baskets by Janet Whittam. She is a great textile weaver too. http://www.handweaving.ca/

Janet Whitem baskets

This is an interactive booth. They are doing finger weaving. In this case it is called Ceinture flechee.  A sash used by the Quebec Voyageurs in the 19th century to tie jackets around their waist to prevent the cold from creeping in. ceinture flechee

center fleshe 2 center fleshe 3 center fleshe

There was and art project going on outside the event. They were making an installation of sheep decorated with bailer twine. People were helping add the bailer twine.

sheep art project

And just in case your feet were giving out before your shopping was done, there was a place to get them massaged so you could continue on.

foot massage

It was a fun and busy show. I didn’t have a lot of time to look around but there was a lot of fiber in all forms and tools for everyone from beginner to expert.

This entry was posted in Fairs and Shows and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Twist Fibre Festival

1. jane says:

Well that all looks like fantastic fibre fun!

I’ve never seen a cashmere fleece live, that must have been exciting! Fibre fairs are the best 🙂

You are right – there are many things you’ve showed us that I would never expect to see in a show here. More’s the pity!
    I would love to have been there.

Would love to have seen so many interesting exhibits! Thanks for sharing some of the festival fun.

That looked like a lot of fun. And so many different types of fiber activities. Thanks for sharing. The foot massage was genius to keep the shoppers shopping!

Looks like a great fiber festival. The ones around here are pretty pitiful in comparison.

• Small fairs are nice too. This one is tiny compared to some of the ones I hear about in the states. There is a big one in Alberta every year, maybe you could go to that one.

I’d end up abandoning my stall as I got engrossed in all the other great stuff there!