Wrapping Up the Baby Shower

As you may know, I’ve been feverishly working on baby booties for shower favors for my son and daughter in law who are expecting a little girl in March. The shower is Saturday and I have finally finished a diaper cake and the booties. Yeah!

Here is the cake before putting the baby items on it.  Don’t judge, please.  It’s harder than it looks to get those diapers in a circle!

2015-02-05 11.39.32

The diaper cake was shipped out last week.  Here are the different sides with little baby items attached.

2015-02-09 10.38.56 2015-02-09 10.38.17 2015-02-09 10.37.44-1

I have glue gun injuries from attaching those items.  All that’s left to do is put a little glitter grass on around the bottom and I’m done!

I made 60 bootie favors.  I found a great way to shape them with an ice cream scoop and a melon baller on a bead board.

2015-02-08 15.24.55

The favors were decorated with tiny white bows and are filled with chocolate mint candies in a tulle net tied with mohair yarn.  I will be making extra candy packs when I get there just in case we don’t have enough.

2015-02-10 16.00.48

Now I hope for great weather and a burst of energy!

Have you felted anything for a special occasion?

This entry was posted in Wet Felting and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Wrapping Up the Baby Shower

The bootees are bootiful – you’ve done a great job!

That looks like a lot of work, Marilyn! Well done for getting them all the same too 🙂

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Zed! Well most of them are the same, there a few that are a little smaller because I decided I wanted to rush the drying and put them in the dryer. But there is little difference.

3. zararooke says:

Wow – 60 booties! Impressive! They look great. Have you saved a pair for the baby? And I love your choice of utensils to shape them! 😉

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Zara! I didn’t save any for the baby. I’ll make her a pair with a lace to tighten them so she won’t kick them off. 🙂

4. Nada says:

How lovely! This must have been lot of work. I like the diper cake too.

Wow Marilyn! At first I thought it really was a cake – looks good enough to eat – well almost! 😉 And the bootees are so sweet. What a good grandma you are! 🙂

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Judith! The diaper cake will make a nice centerpiece. I had to have my husband help me its a bit tricky get those diapers in a circle.

If you don’t mind, dear Marilyn, I will indeed judge your cake: it looks absolutely AMAZING! I can tell a lot of work went into the making of the basic shape (it can’t have been easy to get those diapers to cooperate!) and the addition of the embellishments is just the icing on the cake (see what I did there? 😀 )
    Those booties look so cute, I hope all recipients know all the work that went into making them!

I bet you’re looking forward to March 🙂

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Leonor! Yes, I see your play on words, very clever. You’re right the diapers were not cooperative at all which why Craig had to help. I doubt anyone but a felter would realize what went into them. It’s not something I will do again anytime soon. 🙂

7. Mary Stori says:

Beyond adorable!!!!1

8. Gail A. says:

Absolutely adorable and so clever! It is all very impressive. I’m in awe of the time and energy it must have taken! I feel like a slug in comparison. 🙂

Great job Marilyn and now you deserve a rest for sure. I have made Christmas gifts before when my husband had 15-20 gifts to give but never 60! The diaper cake is great and I’m sure it was a pain to get it right. Hope the shower is a huge success.

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Ruth! I’ve done the diaper cake before. It decided this time to enlist another pair of hands. I’m just hoping we have decent weather since it has to be outside.

Congrats on completing the pink bootie marathon! And the final photo shows how fabulous they look. All at the baby shower will be impressed, but perhaps not to the extent that fellow felters will be. First time I have ever heard of a diaper cake. Very cute idea.

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Cathy! It was a marathon for sure. I’m so glad that part is over. My hands need a rest.

11. Love the booties and the cake – now if I could come to the party and eat candy……….

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Frances! You’re welcime to join us, the weather will probably be better here in California 🙂

12. Angie Norton says:

Wow, those booties are adorable! You definitely deserve a rest from all that hard work. I hope you share a photo of the booties you make for the baby. 🙂

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Angie! I will, but I think I’ll wait for awhile before I make any more booties.

13. Great Job Marilyn I am sure the shower will be a big success. The shaping tools were a great idea. I am impressed with you doing 60.

14. Wow, they are amazing, what a lot of hard work! Hope all goes well. X