As you may know, I’ve been feverishly working on baby booties for shower favors for my son and daughter in law who are expecting a little girl in March. The shower is Saturday and I have finally finished a diaper cake and the booties. Yeah!
Here is the cake before putting the baby items on it. Don’t judge, please. It’s harder than it looks to get those diapers in a circle!
The diaper cake was shipped out last week. Here are the different sides with little baby items attached.
I have glue gun injuries from attaching those items. All that’s left to do is put a little glitter grass on around the bottom and I’m done!
I made 60 bootie favors. I found a great way to shape them with an ice cream scoop and a melon baller on a bead board.
The favors were decorated with tiny white bows and are filled with chocolate mint candies in a tulle net tied with mohair yarn. I will be making extra candy packs when I get there just in case we don’t have enough.
Now I hope for great weather and a burst of energy!
I had been traveling during the holidays and on the return home I had to start working on baby shower favors for the shower I’m throwing in California for my daughter in law later this month. It’s an exciting time, but also stressful with additional travels for graduations and birthdays coming up.
One of the first things I did when I returned was to go to The Fold to stock up on fiber. I needed primary colors to work on the color wheel for our first quarter challenge.
I also bought some Yak and ramie.
I’m not a pink person, but my first granddaughter will be born soon so I stocked up. I’ve been making booties for party favors, but I don’t think I bought enough roving. Thank you to forum member (Tina) Cherry for providing me with the template.
While we were in Hawaii my husband Craig and I had the opportunity to meet Tina Cherry and her husband for lunch at Duke’s On The Beach. Thanks for lunch Tina and Stan! We had a great visit.
I wanted one side to be lighter than the other so I proceeded to make batts combining white and pink to lighten the color.
I made 12 resists. Since I’m not sure how many people will attend the shower, I expect to make extras. I used two layers. One light and one darker.
Here’s the third side done waiting to put the final layer on.
So far I’ve made 24 experimenting with different ways to speed up the process. Since we are in the middle of a blizzard here in the Chicago area, I ordered more fiber from Paradise Fibers in Spokane. I’m hoping it will arrive by Wednesday when I’m sure to be out. And of course, I have to decide how to decorate and fill them.