The other week I decided to make a beret to see if I remembered how as I haven’t made one in years. They seem to be making a bit of a comeback where I live.
I decided on a nice bright red
I added some white throwsters waste for some interest
After some rubbing and rolling I cut a small hole to get the resist out and to make a hole for my head.
The whole stretches easily to the correct size
As it turns out a little bigger ( not much) would have been better it is a size small so tight on my head. I stretched it as much as I could. Just as well as I do not look good in a beret. I could make it bigger by cutting and adding sewn on brim but I am lazy.
I really like how the silk worked. It is quite big but I was thinking the you could put your hair inside it.