I managed to finish the 2 scarves I was working on, They are now dry and ironed.
This is the white one. It is nuno felt down the middle. I had wanted to put black locks on the ruffles but what I thought were black locks are purple and they bled when I tested one. So not going on a white scarf.
Here’s a close up of the end with the white locks. They are Bluefaced Leicester locks.
Here is the red one. No close-up, it just bounced a red blur into the camera.
They are a bit of a nuisance to iron. you have to do the edges one at a time, separately from the center. It looks like this when you are ironing.
This is what they look like rolled up, like fancy dumb bells. It does keep the ruffle snice though.
I did mange to get 3 more done this week. I finished them today. They are hanging in the bathroom drying so no pictures yet. I did start a new one and forgot to take a picture of it until I was wetting it down.
and a close up of the lace and the end. This fabric came from an odd-looking little poncho. I can’t remember where I got it but it must have been part of an outfit. You can see the silk fibres I added to the edge in the first picture. The second picture is when it was flipped over so I could neaten up the edges. the finished edge of the fabric will look really nice sticking over the end I think.
More pictures next week and I hope, at least one finished hat. Hats are tomorrow’s job.