Ruffle Scarves

This week I have been working on some short ruffle scarves. They go just around your neck. I need to build my inventory for the fall shows.

I lay them out in the usual ruffle configuration. I have a template under my plastic so they are all the same and one end isn’t smaller than the other. This is the class I will be teaching at Almonte fibrefest this September. http://almontefibrefest.ca/workshop/ruffle-scarf/

I do not have many in prosses pictures. I got into a groove and forgot to take them.  This is what thy look like finished but wet. These ones are nuno felt as well. The purple and turquoise one is an upcycled scarf someone gave me. I wasn’t sure how it would work but it felted right in.

and dry,

I think they look like dumbbells when you roll them up for storage. I hope people like them. They are nice inside your coat. You can leave them up like a tall collar to keep the wind out or fold them down over you coat. Either way the are warm and fashionable. I almost forgot to tell you I will put a button on each one.

This entry was posted in Fairs and Shows, Scarves, Uncategorized, Wet Felting and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Ruffle Scarves

1. They are ideal to wear at the neck of a coat to keep the cold wind out – better than a regular scarf – and they are so pretty!
    The students in your class will be taking home a very useful item.

2. I am fairly new to the craft of felting but am totally loving it. These are particularly nice.

3. Kathryn Luciana says:

what fiber do you use for these? Micron?

Great scarves Ann, and matching hats will be perfect.

Lovely scarves Ann. That should be a fun class. Good luck!

6. Karen Lane says:

These are such a useful size for wearing under your coat or jacket. They would make a lovely gift too.

7. tracey2008 says:

I like the idea of these Ann. I agree with the others, just nice to tuck into the top of your coat, a quite stylish look I would imagine!

8. Lindsay says:

Lovely ruffle scarves, Ann. Hope they are snapped up at your sales.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )