Textured Felt and Some Dyeing

I finished up some textured felt this week. First the pieces I started last week to cut up. They are the wet ones at the bottom of the post. https://feltingandfiberstudio.com/2016/07/26/making-some-progress-and-free-give-away-reminder/

They turned out great. I am sorry for the quality of the pictures but the pictures are taken in full sunlight as that is all I had.

blue for cutting finnished blue close up

This one has so much depth. The yarn is quite sparkly. I am surprised It didn’t flash back more in the sun.

textured felt for cutting finnished. textured felt for cutting close.

textured felt for cutting angle.

I liked this so much I decided to make a scarf and matching hat.

The scarf is now drying.

scarf wet

The hat is just ready to cut open. I will show you it finished next time.

hat ready to cut open

Lastly I did some silk dying so I can make some scarves for the fall shows.

orange pink silk blanks

The green one on the left will probably get over dyed. It is two shades of green but they are to close. I will probably use some navy blue on part or it.

grean blue silk blanks

I can’t believe the summer is half over. I still have so much to do. How are you doing with your summer felting plans?

This entry was posted in Design, Dyeing, Felted Hats, Nuno Felting, Scarves, Silk, Surface Design, Uncategorized, Wet Felting and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Textured Felt and Some Dyeing

Just yesterday I realised how early in the evening the sun is now setting compared with just 5 weeks ago. I love the long days!
    Your textured felt is lovely Ann – the colours in the first are scrummy and the red base felt has made a gorgeous scarf and I’m sure the hat will be great too.
    The silk is pretty – what kind of silk is it?

Great textures Ann! I can see why you made a matching hat for the scarf, wonderful texture and color. What will you do with the first piece? The silks will make lovely scarves.

I’m traveling so I haven’t been doing much felting.

3. 1marylou says:

The colors work well together. Beautiful work!

4. susan says:

beautiful textures. I love your silk scarves. What are the dimension of those? They look fairly wide. What dyes did you use?

Lovely texture and beautiful colors. I think I have done zero felting this summer. Still working on my class and the time is running short as usual. It will be Christmas at any moment 🙂

6. Teri Berry says:

Wonderful textures Ann I’m really looking forward to seeing the finished hat! Your silks are gorgeous too and you’ve done a great job of capturing their beautiful sheen, I really struggle with that.

Great texturey pieces, Ann! I love the silk pieces too, you can really see the nice sheen they have 🙂

8. josiedb says:

Ann -your colors are wonderful and I love your textured pieces. Your dyed scarves are also beautiful color. Looks like you have been very busy and I thank you for sharing with us.
    The summer is moving too fast for me. I’m felting as I’m preparing for a show in early October, as well as prepping for my after school program. I sometimes feel there is not enough hours in the day. thanks again,
    Josie