A busy week

I managed to get quite a bit of felting done this week. I made a cover for the handle of my teapot so I can stop burning my fingers.

Teapot 2 web teapot web teapot handle finnished It would have been better if the hole in the centre had been a little bigger but a few stitches and it was good to go.

I discovered my felt background for a picture I am making was in the dryer way to long and was completely felted. I guess I turned it onto a longer time than I thought.  Had to redo it.  Here is the redone one.

felt background

I also made the prefelts for the buildings.

prefelt

I got the wool laid out on the silk for a shawl. the first picture is the orange and yellow wool down but you can see some of the silk background. then I added several shades of purple. I think it looks like a sunset storm.

shawl orange and yellow down Shawl Purple added

And lastly on the felting front I worked on dryer balls. here they are ready to go in the washer.

Dryer balls

But most important thing this week my granddaughter was born. Here is Autumn, all 9 lbs 9 oz. of her.

IMG_4113

This entry was posted in Design, Nuno Felting, Prefelt, Stitching, Uncategorized, Wet Felting and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to A busy week

Welcome Autumn – she’s beautiful!

You’ve been so productive this week – the teapot handle is great and is something that will be appreciated several times a day!
    I love the colours on the layout of the shawl and look forward to seeing the finished article.

2. Willi says:

Beautiful granddaughter and felting this week!

You’ve been busy, Ann!
    Welcome to the world, Autumn. May your stay be a long and prosperous one, filled with love.

A very productive week Ann and a new grandaughter to boot! The shawl colours are beautiful, as you say a stormy sunset.

5. Ann, you really have been productive! Wow! Great idea to felt the handle of your tea kettle.
    And a big welcome to Autumn, such a sweet baby.

6. Cathy Sizer says:

I may not always comment, but I do enjoy the newsletter! I would never have thought of felt as a handle cover, but makes perfect sense!
    Congratulations on the new baby and thanks for all you do for us in the felting wofld!

Cathy

Congratulations Ann and welcome Autumn, she’s a cutie. I saw the tea handle on the forum, love the colors. I also love the name Sunset Storm for the scarf. Great colors. You have been busy.

8. Teri Berry says:

Congratulations on the arrival of your new granddaughter, now you have a new person to make felt for 🙂 The colours in the scarf are gorgeous, even before reading your text, my first thought was vibrant sunset. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

You’ve been a busy girl Ann! Congrats on the new grand baby. What fun to have a new little person in your life.

10. Vicky Luffman says:

Congratulations and isn’t she beautiful! Your sunset shawl will be lovely, and I love the tea kettle handle. That is so clever!

• Thank you. She is adorable isn’t she. I plan to make some handle covers for sale. I will have to include how to sew instructions too. That will be the hardest part.

11. eunice mctavish says:

Congratulations and welcome to the new little one.

12. inge monticello says:

Congratulations and welcome to the newest addition to your family!
    Thank you for sharing your projects. I do always enjoy reading the newsletter.

The shawl colours are gorgeous, Ann, and I love your teapot aswell as the handle 🙂 Do you drink ‘proper’ tea made with tea leaves? And Autumn is lovely too!

• Thanks Zed. The teapot came with one of the little strainer basket inserts so yes I do drink real loose leaf tea. I like the little pot so I can make “funny” tea no one else in the house will drink. LOL