Felt Hat and Flower Delivered.

I did finally got the commissioned hat and flower finished. I decided to make two hats so she had a choice. One I put silk hankies on the other I left plane.

This one has the silk hankies. It was hard to get a good shot that showed the silk.

pink hat with silk 1 pink hat with silk 2

And the plane one

pink hat 1

I thought the plane one was …. to plane, so I added a silk band. I twisted the long piece of silk and then folded it in half and let it wrap around itself like yarn. You can see it in the final picture below.  After trying both on and looking in the mirror Rebecca chose the plane one and the lily flower. She really is a hat person they both looked great on her.

rebeca in hat rebecca in hat 2

Here is a picture of all the finished flowers.

flowers finnished flowers finnished back

I needle felted the layers together and then the needled the leaves into position. Then using invisible nylon thread I added the large safety pin. I sew through all the layers of felt in the center just to be sure it all stays together.

This entry was posted in Design, Felted Hats, Needle Felting, Stitching, Uncategorized, Wet Felting and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Felt Hat and Flower Delivered.

Very nice hats Ann. I prefer the plain one too, though it’s not so plain now you’ve dressed it up so beautifully. 🙂

Great looking hats, Ann. I loved how the flowers changed the overall look of one.

3. Willi says:

I love both. I’m sure the silk hat was was very shiny in person. Great color. Love your flowers too!

The hat looks fabulous on Rebecca! Your flower and band are perfect for it. I’m sure you’ll sell the other hat next time you do a stall – it’s pretty.

They’re excellent, Ann! I can see the texture of the silk hankies especially comparing it to the ‘plain’ one, the band and flower really look good too. The hat really does look like it was made for her 🙂

6. Karen Lane says:

Beautiful hats and I particularly love the textures of the hankies.

Both great hats Ann. I’m sure she’ll love to wear the hat she chose. It does look good on her.

Lovely hats and the Lilly flower and silk band really make it.