New Samples

I’m going to do workshops at Manchester Museum of Science and Industry MakeFest in August, so I wanted to make a couple of felt samples to get an idea of how much wool I need to order for supplies. I made a 10 x 10 inch sample, using pinks, since I didn’t want to waste my nicer colours ๐Ÿ™‚ It actually turned out alright!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAThe other one I made is kind of double sided. I wanted to try out some multi-coloured Merino I got from wollknoll. So one side is just ‘plain’:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAAnd I thought I’d make the other side colourful and full ofย  extra bright fibres and sparkle to take with me as one of my example pieces, some people seem to be drawn to that:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAThese are some shiny synthetic threads I saved from a piece of fabric, which I think was synthetic habotai:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAAnd some neon green crimped Nylon:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAI also made a small sample using some Stone Sheep I bought and carded. I used some of my dyed Soy tops with it:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This entry was posted in Wet Felting and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to New Samples

1. Marilyn Nelson says:

Beautiful colors and textures Zed. I’m sure the students will be impressed.

2. Judy says:

Hello Zed. All your samples are great, but you know how partial I am to the pinks and purples..

Who doesn’t like shiny? It’s something ‘princessy’ that most of us never grow out of. But I really like the ‘plain’ side too.
    The soy on the stone is quietly beautiful.

Good plan to get organised now because August will be here before you know it.

Thanks, Lyn ๐Ÿ™‚
      I’m hoping if I get organised it’ll stop me panicking, fingers crossed I don’t spend a fortune and have it cancelled!

All your samples look good zed and I’m sure they will invite interest. Wishing you great success – it’s an exciting venture. ๐Ÿ™‚

Great samples. Did you get any more information on how it will work? Will you you have students sign up in advance? Or is it just open to the public and people stop who are interested?

Thanks, Ruth ๐Ÿ™‚
      I think it’s basically just a day where you wander around and see things which people make, watch them make, or have a go. I did get an email from the organiser who asked if it’d be structured or just drop in, so I said I think it’d work better if I had set times and did a few classes during the day, but also be open to the possibility it might just end up as a drop in. I don’t think they’ve done one before and people might not want something rigid if there’s lots to see and do.

6. Great samples. your multi coloured one got several comments on facebook. I am sure you will be very organised and everyone that stops will have fun.

Thanks, Ann ๐Ÿ™‚
      I did see those nice comments on facebook, I’ll probably take the stripey wool with me.