I used the park scenes and the water lilies as inspiration. I had some wool that was just right for making a Monet piece. It was “grey” Romney wool I got years ago. It was washed but not carded. In actuality it was brown and white. That was ok I dyed it and carded it and got Monet wool. Each colour had varying shades of the dye depending on how brown or white it had been. Most of this picture is done with that wool. the blue/green is some leftover bits that had been carded together and the path is a striped top that very dark blue with some red. I think it is from Ashland bay I think. I used a piece of prefelt for the background just so I would have a size to work with.
This is before I wet it down. I really liked it and was tempted to try and put it under glass unfelted.
After wetting and rubbing I rolled it put to pop in the dryer. than went off and did other stuff. I got it out of the dryer this morning and it had come unrolled in the tumbling and came out looking like this.
I did manage to stretch it all out flat and square. it is approximately 17 inches by 12 inches or 44cm by 31 cm. I quite like it but think I may do some embroidery to define things a little better. The pond is not that bright and distinctive in reality. I was pleased with the way trees didn’t all melt into one green blob.