Second Quarter Challenge: Stewart Stephenson

As you probably know we have decided to pick a different artists for our quarterly challenges this year. This quarter I have chosen Stewart Stephenson http://www.stewartstephenson.com/home He is a Canadian artist that has a large body of work in a variety of mediums and styles. I think there is something for everyone here.

He has a gallery in Vancouver British Columbia Canada

gallery-img1 stevenson 1 stevenson 3 stevenson 5 stevenson 2stevenson 4

It says he did some sculptures but I couldn’t find any pictures. I even sent them an email asking about them but got no response. If you find some please share them with us. Have fun with this.

Don’t forget there will be a post over on the felting and fiber forum where you can ask questions, discuss and post pictures of what you where inspired to make.

This entry was posted in Challenges, Design, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Second Quarter Challenge: Stewart Stephenson

1. Nada says:

This one is easier than Pollock. I already have some ideas.

Great choice, Ann. Never heard of him, but his work looks intriguing.

3. craftywoman says:

Wow, so much to inspire and like you say something for everyone 🙂

Thinking hat on. Thank you for setting the challenge Ann.

He certainly has a variety of styles. I hadn’t heard if him either. This should be fun. Thanks Ann!

6. Teri Berry says:

Interesting choice Ann. I hadn’t heard of him before either, so if nothing else I’ve already learned of another artist! The second picture down is already singing a siren’s song in my head of felting ideas.but as you say he appears to have quite an eclectic style so there’s bound to be something for everyone here…

This looks like great fun Ann. I can’t wait to see what everyone creates.

Great choice, Ann 🙂
    His work is really cool.

9. Pingback: 2014 2nd Quarter Challenge | feltingandfiberstudio