I am still making fingerless mitts for the fall shows. I have a wool batt that was made from the leftover bits or browns and natural wools. It looks like bark to me.
Then I thought I want the mitts to have more texture. So I got out my pile of trimmings.
I gave them a roll
I added them to the mitts in the hopes of making it look more bark like.
I put the scraps under the last layer.
It worked out but I think fatter inserts might be better.
It is not that exciting. I may have to add something to it, I am not sure what. Maybe some twigs sticking up or a knot hole.
I have some other ideas to try out. I will share them with you as they happen. Theses are a great size for trying things out. If they work you have a salable item and if not you learn something and haven’t lost a lot. I am not good at making things that are just samples, I want it to be useful, crazy I know.