Pink!

On my last post I showed you a sneaky peek of the ripples and ruffles of the nuno felted piece I made for Ann’s challenge. Well, here’s the finished piece in full:

pink nuno fullHere it is from another angle:

nuno rufflesIt’s kind of double-nuno because I started with some pieces of cotton gauze that I’d dyed a while ago. I wanted it to be extra sturdy to make a camera case out of it:

pinky gauzeI really liked how it turned out, so I thought I’d make a similar piece. I measured this one carefully to make a book cover out of it. I also added some wisps of orange, beige and white to the merino at each end to match the patterns and colours of the fabric.

nuno notebookYou can see the texture more from this angle:

nuno textureAnd of course, a supermacro close up πŸ™‚

pink nuno flapsI have just one more piece I made from this fabric, but it is still drying.

This entry was posted in Challenges and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Pink!

1. Marilyn Nelson says:

Lovely! The colors remind me of the Dreamsicle ice cream bar. With summer somewhere in the future, it’s sure to be a hit. (It’s still only in the 40s in the Chicago area.)

Thanks, Marilyn πŸ™‚
      We had a bit of warm weather here, but it’s back to being really cold again

2. It turned out great Zed. It’s the best use of Pink I can think of.

Lovely bit of nuno – it’ll make a pretty camera case!

4. Karen says:

I think it looks great zed, I really love the orange on pink to, its very cool xoxo

5. terripike says:

Lovely texture, post pics of the finished case too if you can!

6. The color is wonderful. We underestimate the power of mixing the warm hues.

Nice Zed – I like the way you did the folds in the fabric. Looking forward to seeing the camera case.

8. Pingback: Giveaway Winner and Latest Project | feltingandfiberstudio