New Covers and a good laugh 🙂
So ok im listening this time and decided to do the inside out version,
laying out the fibres I wanted to eventually be on the outside and then I covered them with white fiber (which i forgot to take a pic ) not thinking that the white would end up on the outside, instead of the inside
I used silk threads and hand spun yarn
I thought this green would be over the top embellishments, my brain really wasnt working 🙂 This had to be turned inside out which was right way round haha
This color should have been on the inside when you opened it up
And because I was only thinking about the actual embellishments and confusing myself a lot, I ended up doing the opposite, The white on the outside and the colors on the inside
I couldn’t believe I got so confused with the ins and outs lol
So now I have a white cover and you cant see the inside at all , but i like it so all is not lost 🙂
So now the next one I was way more careful and and started out with some silk threads
And added the same color all over the embellishment, front and back and i thought i was being smart or i really didnt want to get confused again, Until !!!
I forgot which side I actually put the threads on so it was pot luck as to which side I cut for the opening
Lucky i got that bit right and cut the correct side lol The finished cover
Both covers together and now i feel like this is a challenge that im not giving up on. I’ll get these covers right if its the last thing i do 🙂
I know i’ll end up with covers coming out of my ears and sitting on the shelf but it’s the principle now and its not going to beat me !!!!
I’m also having a play with rust dying from Ruths last post on a piece of gauze, I’m using a rusty nail spike that my hubby collects to learn his Blacksmithing with, he makes knives out of these spikes the old school way,!
So we’ve both had a good laugh this week at my expense ,and hubby telling me that its upstairs for thinkin luv 🙂 but i’ve thoroughly enjoyed it anyway and there’s always the next one 🙂