I have been beaten to the first completed prize. That’s just bragging rights. 🙂 No worries. Just getting it done on time is a major win. If you would like to see the first completed piece and read the lovely storey to go with it pop over here. https://feltandfiberstudio.proboards.com/thread/4271/2021-second-quarter-challenge
As I added layers the layout grew beyond the template outline so I trimmed it. After leaving it overnight it had mostly dried. It made it easy to cut and separate the layers for later.
I originally thought I would do diamonds but after sever attempts I couldn’t get them all the same and it looked odd so I went with rectangles.
I wanted to do some waves on the back. when I looked at the art deco waves they were not even lines but they got thicker and thinner.
It looks a bit messy but I think it will be alright after felting.
It turned out pretty well, not too much shifting. after drying I decided it wasn’t wide enough. I wet it down and pulled it top to bottom and then ironed it for good measure. Now it’s not quite as long to will fit things that are a little taller.
When it’s folded up the back will look like this:
The front closed will look like this:
The inside looks like this:
I have decided to do some stitching on it before sewing it up and dividing it into sections. I am not sure what yet. I think I may outline the waves in a dark yarn to smooth them out and a diamond pattern on the blank flap and some lines or something in the squares. I will be looking up some colour palates of art deco.