Pandagirl’s Year End Round Up 2017

I’m always amazed at what I accomplished at the end of year. This year I took a few classes in order to expand my creativity in addition to experimenting on  my own. I also tried to use up more materials and finish some UFOs.

Here is a bedside case for odds and ends made with some merino inside and unknown fiber batt with silk embellishment.

Experimenting with different types of yarn to make a table runner.

Our First Quarter Challenge – Fauvism.

Weaving then felting.

A Valentine gift for granddaughter Lisa.

Teri Berry’s Snail hat class.

Finishing and hanging an eco print.                                                  Crochet around wire bowl.

Framing the felted weaving.

I did a lot of experimenting with crochet stitches.

Practicing for Ruth’s Free Motion Embroidery class.

Crochet hats for my granddaughter and her new premature brother Ken.

A dimensional potholder.

Learning more crochet stitches.

Making a crochet hook case from a crochet sample.

A bowl for the Second quarter Challenge – Celtic

Using yarn on a resist for a vase cover.

Adding dimension to the hummingbird/tiger lily picture.

Crocheting scrubbies.

Felt and crochet earrings.

Crochet beaded bowl with stiffener.

A Pumpkin for Ken.

The Third Quarter Challenge – Edo Period; felt and hand embroidery Sakura.

Ribbon embroidery and framing.

Playing with thickened dye for Ruth’s class on felt.

Finishing  a case from UFO pile and FME Butterfly

Maneki-Neko for Third Quarter Challenge Edo Period.

Framing the Rooster.

More stencil play with acrylic and thickened dye.

The Fourth Quarter Challenge — Suprematist

Penguin’s Poinsettia Holiday card.

A couple of scarves for my daughter in laws parents in Japan where it’s as cold as Chicago.

I want to let everyone know I am taking a leave of absence to focus on my health and family.  I will be around just not posting weekly.  We have a lot of talented artists that will be filling in starting with Tracey Thompson next week.

I want to thank everyone for helping out to give me this time.   If you or someone you know has something to share — it doesn’t have to be felt but anything fiber related including paper, please contact me or one of the other moderators on the forum and we’ll get you on the schedule.

I hope everyone has a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!  Happy Creating in 2018!

This entry was posted in Year End Round Up and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Pandagirl’s Year End Round Up 2017

1. Tracey says:

Great montage Marilyn, as usual I am drawn to anything to do with trees, so I particularly love your machine stitched tree with the birds on the reddish background.

Wishing you and your family a happy and peaceful New Year, keep an eye on us! 🙂

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Tracey! I love trees, too, and that’s one of my favorites. Happy New Year to you as well. And thnaks again for helping out.

2. Nada Vukadinovic says:

That was a very productive and rich fiber year, Marilyn. Wishing you all the best in the coming year..

An unbelievable amount of lovely work Marilyn! I wish that 2018 will be as you want, and I look forward to reading your occasional posts.

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Lyn! It didn’t seem like as much as previous years, just a lot of smaller projects this year. Have a Happy Fibery New Year!

4. Lillian Johnson says:

Thank you for sharing & inspiring me.Be well

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

You’re welcome and thanks. We’d love to see your creations so be sure to pop in on the forum and share.

5. I had forgotten all of the lovely felted items you made this year! Not to mention your awesome crochet work… A beautiful array of goodies. I hope you enjoy your much needed break in the
    New Year!

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Cathy! It’s been a different Fiber year for me, but I always love to experiment and learn. Have a Happy Fibery New Year!

It is amazing how much we all get done. I hope the time off will give you loads of rest and that your health improves quickly.

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

It is amazing and fun. My list keeps getting longer so I’ll be anxious to get back to creating. Thanks Ruth, I hope so, too.

It’s great looking back isn’t it, Marilyn? 🙂 You did such a wide variety of things, but I noticed a theme of flowers and nature!

8. Pamster says:

Thanks Marilyn, you have inspired me, I wish you all the very best for 2018

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Pamster! Have a creative New Year! I look forward to seeing your creations.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w