Year End Round Up

I hope everyone’s enjoying the Holidays 🙂 I have one more scarf and scarf sample left to show you. This first one is a grey marl Merino on hand dyed cotton gauze. I blended up 4 shades of 18.5 mic Merino, 2 greys, a duck egg and black. It wasn’t very easy to get photos, they kept turning out blue!:

The sample is a fabric which might look familiar as I bought 3 scarves with the same design in different colours. I think this is the first time I tried it with 18.5 mic Merino:

Whenever we do posts looking back over the year, I think I haven’t done much, but then get surprised! I think there was a definite theme of texture and surface design for me this year, so, here’s a slide show of some of the things I’ve enjoyed making this year:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Thanks for reading over the past year and leaving comments, I hope to see you in the New Year!

This entry was posted in Year End Round Up and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Year End Round Up

It is always surprising when you look back – how is it possible to forget some things you’ve done? But it is isn’t it?
    I enjoyed the slideshow and the two scarves are lovely – the grey looks extremely soft to touch.
    I hope 2018 is a great year for the forum.

I enjoyed the slideshow. Such a feast of textures for the eyes! The grey scarf looks really cozy and grey is definitely hard to photograph for sure. Hope your New Year is all you hope for it to be!

3. Tracey says:

The slide show is a feast of colour for the eyes Zed, yummy. I have stolen your trick of photographing stuff against a black background, but the board I painted with acrylic paint turned out shiny not matt ! Here’s to better planning in 2018. A happy New Year to you, yours and to all the readers.

Thanks, Tracey 🙂
      Oh, shame about your shiny paint! I use some fabric I had lying around. Happy New Year!

4. Great slide show Zed. You are the queen of texture samples. I hope the new year is great for you.

5. Karen Lane says:

The slide show was a good idea Zed and you’ve got some great textural pieces on there! Happy New Year to you!

Love the slideshow of wonderful textures and color combos throughout the year! Happy New Year!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )