Latest Nuno and Bookcover

I made the last of my nuno strip pieces into panels for a bag. It was this yellow piece:

I used various types of fabric–cotton, viscose, silk, suspected silk, so got various textures:

I liked these two strips next to each other, they showed the very different way felting/shrinkage affected them:

I used some of the spare offcuts from the orange piece to make up the panels:

I made the Green felt which I piled with BFL locks into a notebook/diary cover. The pictures look a bit weird because I had a small patch of desk out of the sunlight when I was taking photos, but it must have been shadier at one end so, to me, they look upside down!

Here’s the other side:

This is the inside without the book:

And this is the outside without the book:

I’ve finally got the buttons and buttonholes on nearly all the purses from a few weeks ago, so hopefully, I’ll have those to show next time 🙂

This entry was posted in Made From Felt, Nuno Felting, Wet Felting and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Latest Nuno and Bookcover

1. Tracey says:

Love the book cover Zed, it looks so neatly sewn, I know you won’t agree! Lovely colours and who can resist locks? Great sunshine strips, they will make another of your wonderful bags.

It’s so neat inside! I knew that piece would turn into something pretty.
    The ‘yellow’ is scrummy – and so fitting for current weather. All those yellows and oranges remind me of scorching hot days.

Thanks, Lyn 🙂
      How quickly the weather changes at the moment, I think blues would be more fitting today!

Lyn is right, it does look like a sunny, hot day! And the book cover is scrumptious.

Thanks, Ruth 🙂
      I think the orangey strips gave some of the yellows the lift they needed, I’d planned using some with greens. That’ll be a future project now!

Great Nuno textures and wonderful book cover. I agree with Tracey who can resist beautiful locks! The stitching is so perfect. Are you sure you didn’t use the machine? 🙂

Thanks, Marilyn 🙂
      As soon as someone makes a sewing machine that can take embriodery thread, I’ll be getting one for blanket stitching!!

5. It looks great Zed! Such a nice thing for presents, give-aways (after you keep one for yourself 😉

6. The stipes are always good. I always love the way curls look after felting.