The Wild Yarns Experiment Framed

Last month I showed you my yarn experiment.  I had woven some yarns then felted them. Many of them were synthetic. If you hadn’t seen the post, here it is:

20170205_135832Ruth suggested I put eyes in it. Which I did try.  I needle felted some marbles into the piece.

20170211_155649

20170211_155657

Then I mounted it on a canvas frame. Her it’s laying on the counter.

20170214_143843

But when I hung it on the wall, it creeped me out. So, I removed the marbles and needlefelting.  Sorry about the dark pic, it’s been raining and snowing here all day.

20170301_162424

What do you think?

This entry was posted in Wet Felting and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to The Wild Yarns Experiment Framed

Totally agree about removing the eyes – especially if you have young children about!

I love it – it’s so interesting and arresting – you would want to stand and really look at it.

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Lyn! Even without young children around the yes had to go. 🙂 it is a fun picture.

2. In general, I do not like to see artworks personified, so it’s good that you removed the eyes. And then there’s the creep factor, but let’s not go there! The texture and variety of colors are intriguing.
    Well done!

3. You could use it as a Voodoo cart 😉 for somebody you don’t like.
    It makes a great difference, with or without the eyes.
    It is fun to experiment !

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

I don’t think I’ll be into any voodo. You’re right experimenting is fun though.

4. I with you Marilyn, creepy with the eyes …better without! Looked kinda Aztec with the eyes …looks good now though!

5. ebsutherla says:

It’s the Flying Spaghetti! Monster in all his noodly splendor.
    If you’ve never heard of Pastafarianism, you’re in for a treat. Just google or Wikipedia it.

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Now there’s a fun name if it wasn’t connected to the Pastafarian church. I’ll stick with Wild Yarns, thanks. 🙂

• Leonor says:

I thought the same when I saw Marilyn’s creation! It’s indeed the true fun personification of the Flying Spaghetti Monster 🙂

(I actually know someone who’s allowed to perform weddings on behalf of Pastafarianism… )

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Leonor, I had no idea until I googled it. Perhaps I was channeling it. Have you ever been to one of those weddings?

Well I was definitely not thinking marble eyes when I suggested eyes. But it is interesting to see the difference.

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Haha! Yes, it was an interesting experience and I’m glad you suggested it.

7. Hmm I thought I commented on this. I can see how it would give you the creeps.

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

I’m glad I’m not alone. 🙂 Although now when I look at it I expect those eyes to pop out. :-0