Happy Valentine’s Day

I know its a day late, so I hope everyone had a good Valentines Day with their loved ones.

I decided this year to make my granddaughter, Lisa, a little heart purse.  She likes to put things in containers and take them out.

I used a heart shaped resist and two layers on each side. I know it’s not a perfect heart shape. Its hard to get sharp corners.

20170209_165749

When it was dry, I used some white bamboo yarn and couched her name on the purse.

20170210_122231

I added a ribbon for a handle with a bow at the top.  Inside I sewed the ribbon down the sides to give it a little strength.

20170210_124157-1

20170210_124131

Then finally I put in a little box of chocolates with a Beagle on it.  While she probably won’t be able to eat the chocolate, she’ll get a kick out of the dog which looks like her doggie sister Koyuki.  Sorry about the dark picture it looked much lighter on my camera screen.

20170210_124256

I’m working on my challenge piece which is taking longer than expected so I needed something short and sweet for today.  😉

Did you do something felt related for Valentine’s Day?

This entry was posted in Wet Felting and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Happy Valentine’s Day

Such a pretty heart-shaped purse! I bet that will get a lot of use as a ‘putter-inner and taker-outer’ plaything.

2. meterrilee says:

So cute! When I was five my mom helped me sew a tiny, tiny little purse made from yellow and white striped seer-sucker with a white rick rack handle! It was to carry a single Easter egg to school–that’s how tiny it was! I loved that little purse and put all kinds of small treasures in it. I’m sure Lisa will treasure this one too!. The puppy pic inside is perfect, even if she can’t eat the chocolate.

The funny part of the story is that I couldn’t wait to put my egg in it and when my mom went to do something elsewhere, I went into the fridge and got a raw egg to try it out. Oops. The egg flipped out of the little purse and hit the floor. Yes, a mess. I heard my mom coming so I STOOD on the egg so she wouldn’t see what I did. OMG. She took one look and busted a gut laughing. 🙂 Yes, that was the kind of child I was.

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Terri! I’m sure Lisa will find all sorts things to put in the heart. Your story is hilarious. What a cute idea to carry an egg to school. And a great memory of your childhood! Thanks for sharing!

Really cute heart purse, I’m sure it will be well loved. I made some gelatin plate printed Valentine’s cards but nothing felted.

That’s really nice, Marilyn, I’m sure Lisa will love it 🙂 I tried taking photos of Fimo hearts I’d made, but the trouble with having a camera that does good supermacro shots is you see tons of dust and fibres you can’t with the naked eye, so they just looked filthy, not remotely cute or Valentinesy!

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Zed! I’m sorry to hear your supermacro photos of the Fimo didn’t turn out well. You do a good job with the felting maybe it’s just the Fimo that doesn’t like being under the microscope. 🙂

5. A very cute little purse. I am sure she will love playing with it. We haven’t done valentines since the kids were little in school. Old curmudgeons I guess. 🙂 I will get to do it all again when my grandkids get a little bigger.