Fixed Tea Cozy

Fixed Tea Cozy

If you remember my post about the tea cozy that went wrong, and-then-it-all-went-wrong I have now fixed it. First I had to needle felt the pieces that fell off, back on. I only needled the middles so I would still get the cracked mud effect. The hardest part was placing the pieces in the right places.

needle felted 2 needlfelted peices

This is what the inside looked like.

neddle felted inside

The next step was to tape it all again. I didn’t want the edges to felt down flat.

adding the tape

I did trim the pieces that were touching so they would not felt together again. I rewet the whole thing and started fulling.  Lots of rolling on my washboard to get it well shrunk and stiff enough.

It turned out really well.

finnished finnished 2

 

And a better angle so you can see the texture.

finnished 4 finnished 3

 

so disaster averted and all is well. Now I am back to getting ready for the Twist festival this coming  weekend. Twist    If you can make it make sure to drop by and visit me in booths 57 and 58.

 

 

 

21 thoughts on “Fixed Tea Cozy

    1. Thanks Leonor. I wondered if with odd shapes it might not be easier to needle them on at the prefelt stage rather then fiddling with the resist.

  1. It turned out lovely Ann, very attractive. I think you were clever in your fixing and I’m glad you didn’t give up on it.

  2. Great job Ann! It is always satisfying when a “failed” project is turned around by your ‘super woman’ efforts 🙂

    Good luck at Twist and don’t forget to take photos so we can see how it went.

  3. It turned out great, Ann and I love this colour combination. Glad you found a way to fix it.

  4. I’m glad it all worked out in the end. I think it looks great. 🙂 Thanks for posting this as it is good to know what to do in this type of situation.

Leave a Reply to zedster66 Cancel reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: