I realised I was running out of brighter colours. I got the dye pot out from under the snow drift it had become to fix the problem. . I like to dye outside but it much to cold so It was in the kitchen. I was nice and used citric acid instead of vinegar in my dye water. I am not a pro at this. I do not measure as I don’t care if I can get the exact colour again. I like that my dye jobs are many times not an eve solid colour. I will recard it and it will have more life and not be so flat.
I started with yellow. I wanted a nice bright sunny yellow. It bled a lot when it was done.
After many rinses it was still bleeding. So I recooked it with more acid, that worked.
Here is some purple in the pot and you can see the dye take up was good.
and this is all the wool done, some nice bright spring colours.
I have finally taken my own advice and got some PH strips. I always tell people having trouble with dye take up or bleeding to make sure the PH is right. Now I just need to find some tome to do some more dyeing so I can try them out.