Taking a Few Days Off

I don’t usually write posts that aren’t fiber related here. But I had company all week and mostly we skied all week long. I took a couple of days off and we had a blast.

Howie and DennisHere is Howie and Dennis (my husband). Howie is in orange.

Janine and Ruth

And this is Janine and I. I’m in black.

Howie and Janine Skiing

I was wearing a small camera on my chest and it takes really wide-angle shots. So everything looks a bit curved. Howie and Janine are starting down the hill.

On the lift

And here we are getting on the lift. I forgot to turn the camera off but I really liked this shot.

Going Down the Front SideAnd here’s the crew in front of me starting down the front side of the mountain.

The Four Friends

Here we are at the end of the day in front of the Big Mountain Club. We had a blast. I also filmed a short video with the camera which you can see I’m wearing in the photo above. Hope you enjoy it but if you get motion sickness you might not want to watch it.

About ruthlane

When I discovered felting in 2007, I finally found the creative outlet for which I had been searching. I love that the versatility of fiber allows me to β€œplay” with a wide variety of materials including wool, silk, fabrics, yarns and threads. Creating one of a kind fiber art pieces to share with the world fulfills my creative passion.
This entry was posted in Inspiration and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Taking a Few Days Off

That’s a cool video, Ruth! I do feel a bit woozy, but it makes me want to ski or snowboard πŸ™‚
    Mr Scruff is from round here!

• ruthlane says:

Thanks Zed. That’s the first one I have ever made like that. We did another one but the camera malfunctioned. I didn’t really notice the excess movement in the video until I was editing it. But I guess I’m used to that movement.

Lovely video Ruth – funny thing is, after a couple of minutes I realised that I was slightly swaying in my chair as though I were altering my balance to help you ski!

• ruthlane says:

Thanks Lyn – yes it does help if you move along with the video πŸ™‚ Glad you were helping me otherwise I might have fallen down!

3. Mary Stori says:

OH my….I’m so glad you shared this other part of your life, we all need a ‘wider’ view in our lives than just our felting table! Beautiful scenery….well in the still pictures. I couldn’t watch but a few seconds of the video. I’ve lost all my inner ear functions (one’s balance center)…..enuff said!

• ruthlane says:

You’re welcome Mary. The northwest corner of Montana is beautiful and it’s nice to share it’s beauty with others. Sorry about the loss of your inner ear functions. That is why I gave a warning about the video.

That was fun. Ruth! I’m glad you shared it with us, now I feel like skiing down a mountain (or, in my case, tumbling down one) πŸ˜€

5. Looks like you had a great time Ruth. I haven’t skied sink I was about 7 and it was boring because all they wanted us to do was snow plow on an almost flat slope. Not my Idea of fun then but would probably would be now. Ha ha.

Enjoyed seeing the photos of your recent ski trip, but I did not watch the video due to a tendency towards vertigo (I appreciate the warning!) I used to ski in the Midwest when I was a LOT younger and am sorry I never made it out west to ski.

Thanks Cathy! The mountains out west are just a bit bigger πŸ™‚

It looks a few fun days! I’ve never skied in MT, but in my youth skied most of the slopes in CO. I’ll just enjoy your ski adventures from now on.

• ruthlane says:

We had a good time Marilyn. I haven’t skied in CO but maybe someday. I get spoiled with the ski resort 20 miles from home.