A New Felting Year

We are starting a new blank calendar.  It’s time to look back and look ahead. As I look back at my year it’s been quite busy. There have been lots of classes and I even took a couple of classes.

Linda finishedalpaca tracks happy hat

I managed to do some art with felt and make a huge curly fleece hat with horns for an exhibition.

pictures hanging picture hanging

Ann with hat (2)

There were not so good things. I didn’t get recalled to work in September so I am unemployed.  On the bright side at least it was a good time. I had shows coming up so I did make some money. I sold some work to a store and got invited to sell work in a local museum store. One of the best things to happen has nothing to do with felt or wool. I found out I will be a grandmother in February. So now I have a reason for all this gray hair, I will be a nana.

My new year will be exiting with the new baby,  hopefully a new part time job and more felt. I am hoping to try  for the 3rd time making  the felt boots I was supposed to try again last year.  I think it will be a good year. I hope your year was good and the new one will even better.

new-year-desktop-wallpaper

This entry was posted in The Year Ahead, Year End Round Up and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to A New Felting Year

1. Marilyn Nelson says:

Congratulations Ann! You’ll love being a nana. Just think of all the wonderful things you can felt for the new grand baby. I hope you get a new part time job. It should be a great year for felting with all the challenges we have coming. Good luck and happy felting in 2015!

Being a grandma is just the best thing ever!!! 🙂 I hope you manage to find a job you will enjoy Ann.

All good wishes for 2015!

• Thanks Koffipot, I am sure it will be a lot of fun and something will turn up on the job front. I just don’t know what I want to do now that I am grown up (I think)

I agree – being a nanny is the best – you have many years of fun ahead Ann!

That’s a great picture of you with your magnificent hat.

I love that hat! I hope you have a good year Ann, and sell so much you won’t mind not getting recalled 🙂

Ann, you have had a great year of felting accomplishments! Much to be proud of, and best wishes for the New Year.

Happy New Year Ann! Sorry about the job but perhaps you can just sell lots of felt stuff, teach more classes and it will make up for the job loss. Your hat is absolutely wonderful 🙂

Happy New Year, Ann! I hope you get to thoroughly enjoy being a nana 🙂 As for the job thing, some situations are really blessings in disguise, so here’s to it being just that – an opportunity for more felting, and more other projects… 🙂

8. I am sure being a nana will be fun. I am hoping it’s a blessing in disguise. I am sure something will come up.