Looking Ahead 2015

I suppose I should start with my usual plan of trying to be more organised this year  🙂  This usually just means buying more bins and boxes to put supplies in, but I tend to use stuff less if it’s tidied away, so I want ‘being more organised’ to mean having things more accesable this year. That’s not easy when it’s fibres though, I worry about carpet beetle bugs. I discovered a few pieces of fabric I’d bought a while ago that I still haven’t tried out because they were tidied away so I need a compromise.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAAnother thing I say every year is that I plan to work on more tutorials and a new e-book, and how I’ve been working on my ‘other fibres’ project for years and want to work more on that. I did do quite a bit of work on that and really just need to get back into it, it shouldn’t be that hard since I like playing around with wool and fibre combinations so much 🙂

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOne thing I always look forward to is our studio challenges. If you didn’t see Ruth’s post, have a look here. This year we are focusing on colour, not just colour themes though, but learning about colour and playing with it. We’ve already started talking about it on the forum: looking at colour wheels and making our own out of tufts of wool. And Zara was talking about blending different shades and tones by adding white, grey and black to green, you can see her post here.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAThat’s it for plans, I think I’ll just see how things go and try and go with the flow and stress less 🙂

This entry was posted in The Year Ahead and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Looking Ahead 2015

If one had staff, one could leave the breakfast table and swan to one’s studio to work on one’s next e-book or artistic piece…
    …but hey, we live in the real world, and achieving as much as we’d like (fibre-wise) is never going to be easy.

From an outside view, it looks as though you’re achieving a lot. Anyway, rest assured that you’re not alone with your worries!

2. zararooke says:

To go with the flow and stress less sounds like much more fun than getting organized…. Although it would be nice to have all my stuff more organized. At the moment I have wool in boxes and paperbags in the house, in a storage room in the garage and in the barn – and other stuff I use when felting in various other places. I blame it on the lack of a designated room for crafts, and that our house is small, but I know it also has to do with lack of organisation… It is always more fun to take stuff out and start a new project than what it is to put stuff back afterwards.

Thanks for linking to my green experiments. 🙂 I am very much looking forward to experimenting more with colour this year.

I’m the same, I’m trying to get all my felting stuff in one place, I’m not too bothered about tidy, but easy to get to would be nice! Have fun with the colour experiments 🙂

3. Stressing less sounds like the best plan. Fabric is so hard to organise so you can find everything. fabric is one of my sort out challenges for this year. You got a lot done this year and help a lot of people.

Thanks, Ann 🙂
      Yeah, I need a way to ‘categorise’ the fabric so the stuff I use most often is east to get to, but the other stuff isn’t packed away and forgotten 🙂

Zed – I think you are much more organized than me. And agree with Ann that stressing less is always good. I really like your fiber color wheel. I hope you enjoy the color challenges this year. I think they will be fun.

Thanks, Ruth 🙂
      I’m definitely going to enjoy the colour challenges, don’t be surprised if they’re all based around pink, though!

5. Marilyn Nelson says:

Nice color wheel Zed! I’m all about not stressing which rules out a lot things including staying organized for me,. 🙂 I just want to have fun and learn. Relax and enjoy the ride!

Thanks, Marilyn 🙂
      I think ‘more efficient’ is probably more what I’m aiming for really, than organised, because planning stuff usually ends up needing to be re-planned when it gets messed up!

Staying organized is helpful, Zed, but not the end-all. We all have more fun creating than tidying up.
    In addition to less stress in the New Year, one of my other resolutions is to chase away negativity.
    So get out there and create, y’all!

Just having room to work on two things at once would help, less time tidying gives more time for creating! 🙂

7. opinie says:

Fastidious response in return of this difficulty with firm arguments and describing all concerning that.

8. Clay says:

0 offers probably the most significant update in the game’s history,
    as it adds two entirely new concepts to the game; individual tuning of your car, and the new loot drop
    system, where rare and powerful parts can either be potentially
    purchased or purportedly ‘dropped’ in game when you win a race.
    Gowdy has been an active participant on a number of committees; among them the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, the Committee on Education and the
    Workforce and the Committee on Judiciary. At our next club meeting Kris approached me about joining with him to race one of his Harley Sportsters at Bonneville.

9. Reserved its verdict over the Defence Counsel’s demand for
    provision of inquiry report of Federal Investigation Agency (FIA)
    until May 8.February 23.

10. Simply wish to say your article is as astonishing.
    The clarity in your post is simply cool and i could
    assume you’re knowledgeable on this subject. Fine along with your permission let
    me to clutch your feed to stay updated with imminent post.
    Thanks 1,000,000 and please carry on the gratifying work.

11. Awesome things here. I’m very satisfied to look your article.
    Thanks a lot and I’m taking a look forward to touch you.
    Will you please drop me a e-mail?

12. ClashofClansGemmesGratuites-Wordpress says:

Exceptional post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this subject?

I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more.

Thank you!

13. Obviously one certain way of beating the bait-sponsored anglers is to make your own baits using ingredients, additives, and liquids and extracts and so
    on that the fish will not fear having never experienced before
    and in forms of bait using bait applications they have not been caught on before.
    ” The excuse list goes on, but there’s no need to write them all down. Against New Zealand, an out of form Roque Santa Cruz who has been out of form, regained some momentum.