I’ve been taking the same two pieces of silk to the well being centre for months with the intention of using them. Last week, I took them out and started tidying them up by pulling off the loose threads. Once they were neat enough to use, I decided I’d rather use the threads! I laid out a couple of layers of Yellow Merino, then started adding the threads. They were similar shades of greeny blue, so it felt like it needed something else. Luckily, I had a bag of red silk threads with me that I bought years ago, and they really made a difference once I added them:
It reminds me of a road map. I always like to take a photo on an angle, often it shows the sheen or texture better:
The threads have an interesting texture from where they were woven:
I don’t know what the red threads were waste from, they look like sewing threads, but are all short lengths between 6 and 12 inches.
One of the silk pieces had areas of a deeper blue, and even though they’re darker, they added patches or flashes of brightness:
I usually use black as the base for projects like this, but we’d run out, I chose yellow mainly because it’s one of the colours that shows well on camera, but I think it worked out well.