Yay, I got it done in the first quarter. I didn’t seem to be able to do that last year. So let’s hope this is a good sign.
You can see the beginning of this here: https://feltingandfiberstudio.com/2019/03/03/landscape-in-progress-1st-quarter-challenge/
I have slowly worked on it mostly at my guilds Social nights.
I needed to put “wire” on my fence posts so I spun a thin grey single. I took it right off the spindle and onto the fence posts.
I wanted some bullrushes mostly just because I like them.
I really liked them but once I added some sheep they looked much too small for where they were.
I really liked them but I took them off
Next, I added the wool to the sheep and some rocks for interest. Also some shadows so my sheep are not hovering.
I took my piece to the guild social and use one of Jans windows. This one has a 5×7 cutout. The picture is about 6×8 naturally. I tried it in different positions on the picture.
We decided to make a new mat. Jan cut it out of a piece of bristol board. She used to be a framer in your younger days.
Here is what it looks like. I am not sure about the frame but that can be changed.
The glass gives great reflections