A Different Easter Basket

We were recently in California for our Granddaughter Lisa’s first birthday.  I had intended to make an Easter basket before we left but it didn’t happen.  So, when I returned home I decided to make more of a bowl using the colors from her party.

20160313_120239

I made a batt using a light turquoise with touches of pink, purple and blue.

20160320_154113 Then I embellished the bowl with pink and gold mohair yarn and mulberry silk. (She likes bling.)

I used a resist thinking I could stretch it out on a ball to smooth, but it was a bit too small for the balls I had.  I tried blowing up a punch ball, but that didn’t work either.

So, I ended up stuffing it with plastic bags and it turned out nicely shaped.

20160321_123854 20160321_123859

I was pleased with it when it was dry.

20160322_113050 20160322_113003

Here is a closeup.

20160322_113011

Lisa’s favorite snack is what her parents call “puffs.”  Those nuggets that melt in the   babies mouth.  So, I stocked up, stuffed some in plastic eggs and sent the rest in the package along with a stuffed bunny.

20160322_113655When she gets a little older, I’ll make her a proper basket.

The basket arrived in time, I’m just a little late posting. She did enjoy her puffs and playing with the bunny and eggs.

This entry was posted in Wet Felting and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to A Different Easter Basket

Aaw, that’s a sweet present, Marilyn 🙂 The bowl turned out really nice, you did get a good shape from stuffing it.

That’s a lovely Easter bowl – bling achived! It looked very inviting when it was filled with the eggs and bunny. Great photo of the two of you.

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Lyn! I’m sure she’d rather have jewelry since she’s always grabbing mine, but that will come later. 🙂

3. Congrats!! I love the colors you used, really Easter colors.

4. Peggy Benzin says:

Wow – Lisa is going to have some very beautiful one of a kind wool creations arriving by mail over the years!

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Peggy! Hopefully, some will be delivered in person and I’ll get to teach her how to felt. 🙂

5. zararooke says:

A cute bowl for a very cute granddaughter. And when she gets a little older, you can teach her how to felt wool around those eggs. 😉

Great Easter gift Marilyn – I’m sure she enjoyed it 🙂

7. Teri Berry says:

What a cute idea and felt is so much safer around young children than ceramic bowls, the perfect gift!

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Teri! I imagine at some point she’ll try wearing it as a hat. 🙂 Right now she’s at the stage that she likes putting things in and taking them out. You’re right, so much safer than ceramic.

8. So very cute. The bowl turned out great. My grandson loved those puff things too. Great idea to put tem in the eggs.

The bowl came out very nice, Marilyn! Did you use the bags as means to keep the shape whilst felting?

Lisa is very lucky, I imagine she’ll be receiving felt presents with bling and puff sweets often 😀

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Leonor! I used a flat resist to make the bowl and after felting used the bags to shape it while it dried.

Well, Lisa may not always get puffs with her felt stuff. By next Easter, I imagine puffs will be history and something yummier will have taken its place. 🙂

• Leonor says:

Ah, got it! I have to try to make a little cat cave for Squish, the bags seem like a great idea for drying.
      Hah, one day it’ll stop being sweets and start being more technological stuff, I’d say 😀

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Be sure to show us the cave when you finish it. 🙂 I hope you’re saving a lot of bags!

• Leonor says:

With the amount of work I have in the next weeks, I think it’s safe to say no cat caves will emerge – but I’m sorely tempted to take wool with me to my mum’s on holiday and give it a go there! I hear she’s got plenty of bags 😊

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Now there’s a good plan. Then you don’t have to ship it. 🙂

• Leonor says:

…and I’ll have a kitty helper, too!