Happy Thanksgiving Canada

It is Thanksgiving here in Canada today. I thought I would celebrate by showing you some of the wonder fall colours . Everything is late this year so we are just getting to the peak of colour. It is very inspiring.

trees 2 tree trees

and some close ups of the wonderful leaves

leaves 9 leaves 8 leaves 7

I also took some pictures of the cord I made on the meridi at the demo I talked about in my last post.

cordage 1 cordage 2

Now I am off to cook a turkey and all the fixings. Have a great day.

This entry was posted in Inspiration, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Happy Thanksgiving Canada

1. Felicity says:

What a fantastic display of colour!

Fantastic colors! We are late here too, but the leaves are shriveling and don’t look very good. Lots of inspiration for you. Love the cords.

I love the colours in the trees! Your braid is wonderful Ann.

4. Irene Maria Pinto de Freitas says:

I wish you have a happy Thanksgiving.We don’t have that celebration in my country, but it is always wonderful to have the family we love around us and share so special moments.
    Thank you for the photos of your gorgeous trees.One of my dreams was to visit Canada exactly on this time time of the year, but now is too late for me as I was forbidden to make long distance flights.Your cord is very nice and I can imagine a lot of uses for it.

• Irene Maria, Where are you from? Do you have a harvest festival? It is may husbands favourite holiday. All the feasting of Christmas with none of the shopping.

5. Teri Berry says:

Your trees are stunning Ann, thank you for sharing, I could look at the beautiful colours all day long. I hope you had a wonderful day with your family.

6. Irene Maria Pinto de Freitas says:

I’m glad you had a wonderful day.I am from Portugal, I live in a small town called Vila do Conde,my house is just 250 mts from the sea and today we had a summer day, so good that you could go to the beach.We don’t have harvest feast here.Just Christmas and the turkey is also here a must have on the table on that day.Maybe one day a visit here will be in your plans? Is a very nice country, with fantastic food and wonderful beaches.You will be most welcome.Best regards.Irene

Your fall colors are gorgeous Ann, Ours are mainly yellow as we don’t have all the deciduous trees. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. I can’t believe the holiday season is almost upon us – Eeeek!!!

• The summers weather seems to effect the colour of the maples. Sometimes they go mostly yellow. This year they are mostly deep orange and red. The yellow is mostly from the other trees. Yes, it is coming fast.

8. Gorgeous colours. It is starnge hearing you talk of fall being late as here in Southern England the trees are just beginning to change. x