A Peek Inside My Sketchbook

I have been traveling for the last couple of weeks so I haven’t had much time to do any fiber activities. But I always take my sketchbook and can fill the waiting time with sketching. Here’s a little peek.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This week we are delivering my umbrella tree to the La Conner Quilt and Textile show. The tree was accepted into the 3D fiber art category so if you are in the La Conner area and are going to the show, I’d love to hear what you think of it.

Symphony

Here is Symphony making herself at home in the hotel ๐Ÿ™‚

This entry was posted in Sketch Book and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to A Peek Inside My Sketchbook

1. Judy says:

Hello Ruth, your sketch book art is great. I really admire people who can draw what they see. Have you shared your 3 D Umbrella Tree with is all?? I would love to see it. I have been to La Conners quilt Museum many years ago. A very pretty area.

Your sketch book is a joy Ruth! You’re a very talented artist.

Symphony looks very cosy.

Fun looking at your sketchbook, Ruth! I never got into the sketchbook habit but wish I didโ€ฆnever too late, I guess.
    I have been to the LaConner Quilt & Textile Museum a few years ago when I took a class with Richard Box at Gail Harkerโ€™s Studio. I was very impressed with the quilt exhibit there. Kudos to you for having your Umbrella accepted.

• ruthlane says:

Thanks Cathy – it takes a bit of effort to get into the sketchbook habit but I enjoy it once I get started. I would love to take a class from Richard Box but I just haven’t gotten that done yet.

Ruth, the sketches are great. I still haven’t picked up mine, but will probably do more this winter. Its good you’re always creatively active. Symphony looks like shes enjoying the trip. ๐Ÿ™‚

5. I think it is good to do new things and keep track of every failure, as well as the successes. I am taking classes in watercolor, pastel and drawing right now. I write everything around the edges of each attempt so that I can be reminded of what I was doing. Your sketchbook is a lot neater than mine.

Aaw, Symphony looks adorable ๐Ÿ™‚
    Your sketches are really nice, Ruth, I wish I could draw what I see.

• ruthlane says:

Thanks Zed – Symphony was very comfie ๐Ÿ™‚ Drawing is a learned skill. Anyone can learn to draw. I used to say I couldn’t draw but I finally decided just to teach myself and I got a few books and learned the basics. And then it’s just a matter of drawing frequently and practicing.

Your sketchbook sure is filled with creativity, Ruth! Well done ๐Ÿ™‚
    Symphony is adorable, and apparently has good taste in bed linen!

8. Great sketch book Ruth. Good thing Symphony is small or wouldn’t have room to sleep yourself.