Just For Fun

It’s been quite a while since I made a piece of felt just for the fun of it. And quite a while since I made a piece of felt without worrying about even layers, straight edges, nice corners etc 🙂  So it was a lot of fun making this piece of green felt. I got out all my greeny shades of wool, fabric and fibres and started laying it out.

I started with two plain layers of merino tops, then added a third layer of lots of different greeny shades of merino blended with fibres like plastic, viscose, silk, banana and bamboo. Then I started adding all the other fibres, fabrics and yarns. I unravelled some fancy fibres I had in green, yellow and blue shades.

I used fabrics like organza, silk, tulle and a few shades of cotton gauze

There were a few sparkly bits

And lots of shiny bits too 🙂

What have you been working on just for fun lately?

This entry was posted in Wet Felting and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Just For Fun

1. Love all those bits! It makes a very inspiring and fun piece! 🙂

2. Farmlady says:

No, but it’s time. I have had “felting lust” lately. The weather is cooling off and my thoughts are going toward knitting and felting again. Thanks for reminding me how beautiful and fun felting can be.

Those edges look pretty straight to me 🙂 Beautiful piece of green felt. What are your plans for it? Or since it was just for fun will it go in your box for later projects? I have lots of class homework so the just for fun are out right now. But I do enjoy doing my homework so I can’t say it’s not fun.

Thanks, Ruth. No plans for it yet, so yes, it’ll probably go into the box for using later 🙂
      It’s good that you enjoy your homework.

4. Terri Pike says:

I love the mixed green shades you’ve chosen. I haven’t done anything for fun lately, just trying to get some things made for the Christmas shopping season. (I hesitate to call it a “rush)

5. I am sure you will find something useful to use this for. It is very textural and would make so many different elements or you could do some threadpainting on it.

Thanks, Judy 🙂
      I don’t know what threadpainting is, but it sounds like something my eyes wouldn’t like!

Considering you weren’t worrying about the edges, they turned out really well!

It’s a lovely piece, wonderful mix of colours and textures and I’m sure it’ll be made into something very pretty.

7. Maggie Hughes says:

It turned out fabulous

8. Nice spring colours. I wouldn’t have thought to unravel fabric to get interesting threads.