2012 Second Quarter Studio Challenge

For the second quarter challenge I thought abstract representation would be a good one. Take a picture, landscape or portrait and do it over as an abstract. There are many kinds of abstract design. Here are 3 pictures to give you some style ideas.

I like to do abstracts. Trying to make something that is life like is just an exercise in frustration for me.  Abstracts give my artistic side a chance to express itself.

If you’d like to join in, please join our Flickr group and post your photos there with a tag of “Abstract challenge”. Or if you have your own blog, post about the challenge and then come back here and leave us a comment with a link so we can go check out your abstract piece or process. We’ll put all the links into one of our Felting Around the Web posts so that everyone can see.

This entry was posted in Challenges, Needle Felting, Nuno Felting, Uncategorized, Wet Felting and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to 2012 Second Quarter Studio Challenge

Interesting challenge – I’m going to have a go.

Me too. I’ve got my thinking cap on!

Interesting one 🙂
    I like the pictures

4. shepherdessann says:

Glad you guys are so enthusiastic.

5. Karen says:

I love the pictures Ann, especially the one on the left 🙂

• shepherdessann says:

I like the one in the middle the best. Not sure what I am going to do. I have some scketches I did last winter that I may choose.

6. Allison Green says:

At school right now we are felting scarves inspired by a photograph of the sky. I’m making one based on a nebula. Would that count?

7. shepherdessann says:

I answered this but it is gone and now it shows as your post being new. Never know what the internet will do. I think ithat it would work for the chalange. we would ike to see it anyway. You can post in our flicker group or over on the forum. The links are on the side.

8. Pingback: Nuno Felt and Abstracts | feltingandfiberstudio

9. Terrie says:

Very interesting and inspired me to give it a go.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )