Well I thought since everyone else was making those bird pods that I’d have a go to
Ha, it didn’t exactly turn out like one so I thought I’d try something else, this is what it started out like.
A little bit too pink for a start, I used a fibre batt that I made a while ago that was a merino blended with border leister and also some sari silk added it. It reminds me of a pink Hogwarts hat lol , hours of rubbing and rolling I ended up putting it in the dryer for ½ hour or so and I cant quite get all the wrinkles out. I must be the only one that ends up with crinkly felt lol it is nice and strong so that’s on the plus side for me but I also realized pretty quickly that I cut the resist out in the wrong shape, I wasn’t really thinking of the bottom, just the top so that’s why, to me, it looks more like a hat than a pod.
So as I was wondering what I could do with it I made up some flowers and stems ( these are probably my best flowers so far) I think I’ve finally got the hang of which way to rub while trying to stay in shape.
I was thinking I’d just add them in when of course I knew that it needed a door and a little secrecy!
shhhhhhh you know Fairies don’t like to be seen but for once I was ready and waiting, your not quicker than me little fairy, although he almost made it
but just not quite
I ended up having some fun with this and I might add some more smaller flowers , its been a while since I’ve pick up my felting needles and just making the fingers was great !!
I hope your all having some fun to 🙂