Category Archives: fibre

Flax Study Group Part 2

Flax Study Group Part 2 In my Last post, we got up to the pulling of the flax plants, tying them in small bundles and laying them against the fence to dry. But this was not the worst fate for … Continue reading

Posted in Fiber Preparation, fibre, Other Fibers, Uncategorized | 3 Comments

Flax Study Group Part 1

Flax Study Group Part 1 (Sorry. I got to the first part of the harvest and realized this could grow into a book! So i will tell you about the violence and weapons like swords, brakes, hackles and skutching later.) … Continue reading

Posted in fibre, Other Fibers, Spinning, Uncategorized | Tagged | 7 Comments

Someone send inspiration and help…

I recently moved from London to Edinburgh. When asked why I was moving farther north by my baffled English friends, I couldn’t resist telling them it was because England just wasn’t cold enough for me, nothing but Scottish weather would … Continue reading

Posted in fibre, Guest Writer, organising, Studios, Wool | 41 Comments