Author Archives: Jan

About Jan

Realy im not 12, i am just sivearly dislexic. i can spin, weave, felt, garden, Draw, Paint, and do layout but i realy cant spell. if you read out louwd i do make more sence.

the OVWSG Guild Sail and Exhibition 2019 and Werewolf boy (a friend for Ghost Girl)

the OVWSG Guild Sail and Exhibition 2019 Last weekend was the OVWSG sale and Exhibition.  Which means almost all the workshop database and layouts for the 2020 Schedule are behind me.  There were a couple teachers with TBD in the … Continue reading

Posted in Fairs and Shows, Uncategorized | Tagged | 10 Comments

Happy Halloween 2019

  This one is a bit twisty but I promise I will get to the felting bit. About 2 weeks ago Ann said to me “you know you have the Halloween blog post?…….” Oh, how did Ruth know how much … Continue reading

Posted in Needle Felting, Uncategorized | Tagged | 12 Comments

October Workshop Peg Doll Looms

October Workshop Peg Doll Looms How did I ever manage to get anything done when I was working? I have been working on importing and exporting File maker databases for the 2020 workshop and the guild library. I did 2 … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized, Weaving, Wool, workshops | Tagged | 11 Comments

A cheap alternative to wool combs

A cheap alternative to wool combs Have you looked with horror at the price of wool combs?  Have you longed for a fine worsted preparation to inspire your felting creativity? If a fine pair of English 5 pitch are not … Continue reading

Posted in Fiber Preparation, tools, Uncategorized | Tagged | 10 Comments

Stained Glass in felt part 1

As I stared at a blank piece of felt thinking about what I wanted to try next, I looked around my increasingly cluttered office and considered my options. I considered: the sudden increase in freshly washed wool; spinning, weaving and … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized, Needle Felting, Experiments | Tagged | 8 Comments

In the Begining

  In the beginning; In 1989 I joined the OVWSG at their annual general meeting and became their librarian. I did tell them I was Severely Dyslexic and was assured by the executive that would not be a problem. I … Continue reading

Posted in Fairs and Shows, Inspiration, Teaching, Uncategorized, Wet Felting | 8 Comments

Visiting Fiber festivals in Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec, 2019

The end of summer. This is a busy season for me, made more so by adding a few surprise fleeces found while making the emergency anti-raccoon-garage-repair. OK add two storage bins of large, vary fine, crimpy fleeces and another bin … Continue reading

Posted in Fairs and Shows, Uncategorized | 4 Comments