Author Archives: Antje

Busy, Busy

Since my last post (which only seems like 10 days ago) I have not stopped. Over a hot drink I decided to evaluate the supporting evidence of said busy-ness. Firstly, and with a smile on my face, I have to … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | 15 Comments

Experimenting and challenging myself

Intrigued (and often intoxicated) with different fibres and yarns that just dazzle me on the shelves to the point that I can’t walk past them (tripping over my storage boxes of yarn is testimony to this fact!) I thought I’d … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | 9 Comments

Flowering gumnuts

The w/e of 11-12 May I joined other members of my local textile group to attend a 2-day felting workshop by Hellen Edwards. Her work is interesting, vibrant, and involves machine stitching on felt. The thought of machine embroidery filled … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | 31 Comments

Learning Curves – Part 2

Following on from my recent post…. The workshop with Clare was very different, in that it was nuno felting and very small. It was quite a surprise to a few of us (with felting experience) that she only uses one … Continue reading

Posted in embroidery, Guest Writer, Nuno Felting | Tagged | 13 Comments

Learning curves – Part 1

In the last few months I’ve attended two felting workshops tutored by happy feltmakers who have been very generous with sharing their experiences and knowledge. The first by Jenny Pepper was titled Decorative felt Surfaces (I had no idea what … Continue reading

Posted in felt art, Guest Writer, Surface Design, Wet Felting | Tagged , | 16 Comments

Book Binding, Decorative Papers & Costumes

Undertaking this post I was in a place of total indecision….to tell you about my book binding exploits or report on a wonderful costume exhibition….I’ve decided on both. So before you read on make yourselves a drink, plump up the … Continue reading

Posted in Book Making, Mixed Media | Tagged , | 12 Comments


A guest post by Antje Ream Creating this post for the forum I’m being very loose with the term fibre – my excuse is that both paper and plants are fibrous. A few months ago I attended a great eco-printing … Continue reading

Posted in Community, eco printing, embroidery, Guest Writer | Tagged , , | 23 Comments