Todays task is dryer balls

I got a call form one of my outlets that they are out of felted soap and dryer balls so todays job is dryer balls.

First I make middles out of old or failed felt experiments. They might as well help make some money.

Next is wrapping them in some wool and popping them into the cut off leg of some pantyhose.

I do 3 white and one with coloured stripes per set.

The coloured ball doesn’t nothing different but looks more attractive when they are bagged for sale.

Next is a trip through the washer and dryer.

When they come out you have to peal them out of the nylons.

Once they are all peeled its back into the nylons to go through the washer and dryer again to get rid of the fuzzies.

I will bag them and put a simple topper on them. Sorry no picture as I haven’t got that far yet.

Next is the soap. I get really clean hands.

This entry was posted in natural wools, Repurpose, Tutorials, Uncategorized, Wet Felting and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Todays task is dryer balls

1. annielynrosie says:

Great way to use up scraps Ann! Looking forward to seeing finished dryer balls.

2. dshnide1@mymts.net says:

Terrific idea! Looking forward to seeing your soaps!

Sent from my iPad

These are great Ann. Good idea to use up your scraps. I might have to try some of these 🙂

4. Great process and use of leftover felt! I’m sure they’ll sell quickly. Have fun with the soap!

5. Anna Ashton says:

Must try that one..
    I certainly have some pieces that could be used!

6. Arlene says:

What a great idea for making dryer balls! Do you wash them in cold or warm, or hot water?

• Thanks, ArleneI think the washer is set to warm. so tepid. it takes for ever for the hot water to get to the washer. but they go through a hot dryer.

• Arlene says:

Thanks for that. I will give it a go once I have enough leftover wool! I only started felting in March! 😝

7. Kathryn says:

thanks for this information. I wonder if I could use bits from felted sweaters for the base and cover them with wool fiber? Guess I will be experimenting.

8. Antje says:

Great way to use up unwanted felt. I’ve never used dryer balls, what do they do?

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )