Framed Pieces for Exhibition

I hope everyone is not tired of seeing these pieces. But everyone wanted to see them framed and I got them back from the framer and I’m really happy with them. They will be in an exhibition in September at The Purple Pomegranate in Whitefish, Montana, USA. The name of the exhibition is Directions and features four other artists. If you’re in the area, the opening will be September 6th from 6-9 pm in conjunction with Whitefish Gallery Nights.

Flathead Sunset – 11″ x 14″

Up the Northfork – 11.5″ x 14″

Autumn Mountain – 13″ x 18″

Morning Aspen – 13″ x 21″

Stormy Beargrass – 13″ x 22″ (I have shown you two photos because the first one on the left has a bee photo bomb)

Fireweed – 15.5″ x 33″

Also, I wanted to remind everyone that Teri Berry’s Felted Concertina Hat online class is open for registration. You can register here.Β

You can learn to make great hats like this one!

About ruthlane

When I discovered felting in 2007, I finally found the creative outlet for which I had been searching. I love that the versatility of fiber allows me to β€œplay” with a wide variety of materials including wool, silk, fabrics, yarns and threads. Creating one of a kind fiber art pieces to share with the world fulfills my creative passion.
This entry was posted in Finishing/Framing and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Framed Pieces for Exhibition

1. They look wonderful in their new (lovely colour) frames – I don’t think you’ll have any trouble selling those!

2. tracey2008 says:

I can see why you are happy with them Ruth, they look fab. I particularly like the colour of the background to Flathead Sunset – delicious, it really enhances the mood of the subject.

3. Antje says:

Ruth they are lovely. I too particularly like Flathead sunset, whilst up the Northfork simply draws me right in and on. You’ve got the fabric background beautifully flat. It’s lovely seeing them finally complete. Good luck with the exhibition.

4. Judy Grant says:

They are all super great works of art. I especially like Morning Aspen. Congratulation on the show. It is very lovely how you displayed and framed the. Did you use wool as the background??? 😊

5. Karen says:

Beautiful work, Ruth! I will try to make the show!

• ruthlane says:

Thanks Karen! You should definitely try to see the show. Paula will have work in the show you might want to see too!

6. Tesi Vaara says:

They are wonderful Ruth!

7. teriberryguest says:

Your landscapes are stunning and clearly realistic to all species since you fooled the bee into thinking there might be honey in the flowers πŸ™‚

Thank you for the plug too! It is already shaping up to be a great class, the class size will be limited to 30 students and 45 have already expressed an interest, if anyone else would like to join in the fun please complete the contact form on the online class page ASAP πŸ™‚

• ruthlane says:

Thanks Teri! Yes, the bee was buzzing around the flowers, it was funny.
      Hopefully, the class will fill up for you πŸ™‚

They all turned out great. The background colors really helped give dimension to the pictures. I guess the bee thought the flowers were real. Now that’s a real,compliment. πŸ˜‰

9. Lindsay says:

They look fantastic, Ruth, and I’ve loved seeing them all develop and come together. They will make a fabulous group. Do post some pictures of the exhibition when the time comes. I’m trying to imagine them, roughly how big are they?

• ruthlane says:

Thanks Lindsay! I will get some photos of the exhibition to show everyone. The dimensions of each are below each photo. πŸ™‚

10. Lindsay says:

Apologies, obviously not paying attention!

11. Karen Lane says:

They look great Ruth! I like them all but particularly Morning Aspen. Look forward to seeing photos of the exhibition.

12. They turned out great Ruth. Framing them really makes a difference. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the exhibit too.

13. Pingback: Tree Fragment Series | Permutations in Fiber

They look great, Ruth πŸ™‚ The backgrounds you’ve chosen work incredibly well, it almost looks like they are actual custom shaped mats/mounts on top of the pieces in some of the photos.