A Spin in.

Saturday I spent the day at a spin in not to far form home. There were lots of people there. More people arrived after I took these pictures, mostly wheels but ther were a few of us on spindles.

There were things to buy of course

There were door prizes.

And show and tell, this amazing blanket Rams and Ewes I think it is called. it is a double knit so it is double thick and the back is different then the front. The wool is all natural coloured Shetland I believe. Click onthe picture to get a batter look. here is a link to the pattern if you are interested. https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rams-and-yowes

I got a close up of this dog collar and leash,

Here are some other . I didn’t get  picture of the table after it filled up, sorry. I was to busy chatting.

And lastly some tiny little handwoven pillows. So if you thought you don’t have the room to weave , you do.

This is my loot, a bag of Massum, a bag of silk cocoons, and a new sketch book.

That was my Saturday well wasted. Nothing better than sharing a fun day with old and new friends doing something you all love.

This entry was posted in Spinning, Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to A Spin in.

1. tracey2008 says:

You are right, it is lovely to spend time like this with like minded people, chatting about or doing your craft. I have dogs Ann, I am blown away by the dog collar and lead, it is really superb. The blanket is wonderful too.

• It was a fun day. She said the leash hardware was easy to find but the collar hardware was impossible. She ended up going to the dollar store and buying a colour and taking it apart to get all the pieces.

What a lovely way to spend a day! I’d love to have been able to see all the items for sale and those on display – the rams and ewes blanket is amazing.

What fun and not a Saturday wasted Ann! The blanket is really fun and I can’t believe those little pillows are hand woven from sewing thread. That sounds like a tedious process to me. Love your new notebook, what are your plans for the cocoons?

• I know the lady that did the pillows. I think it was part of a challenge. It was funny I was looking at the little book and she says but they don’t have lines. then I got exited. I don’t need a notebook but I can always use a sketch book. They are really hard to find in a small size they do not cost the earth. I think I may make the cocoons into inclusions. I may dye them all different colours.

4. craftywoman says:

My idea of heaven, question the same as Ruth, what are you going to do with the cocoons, I have a bag of them waiting to be made into something, I’m looking for inspiration 🙂

5. what an awesome way to spend the day .. thanks for sharing….wish I had been there!!

What a great way to spend a day surrounded by fiber and friends. The blanket looks really warm and comfy. Have fun with your cocoons. I have a bunch both plain and ones I dyed and other than using them for the Jackson Pollack challenge a few years back I haven’t used any more. Perhaps a necklace and bracelet?

I think we should have a limit on how many fibre events/fairs/shows you post about 😉 I’m jealous as usual! Everything always looks so well made, and nicely presented, and fun to attend 🙂

• The hardest part is finding a venue and then getting the word out. Is there a guild in your city?

No, nothing like that. It’s really odd because we’re a city built on the fibre industry, weaving, spinning, felting. One of our nicknames is Cottonopolis, and you can see working looms in museums, and I know people are still into textiles, but nothing more than a few occasional groups of friends meeting up.

• So odd when I think of guilds being a European thing. There is City and Guilds (collage?)but thats London I think isn’t it.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w